Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 05:06 AM

Default Re: Who wants to be an A-Hole with me?

Capitalism tells us that PartyPoker wants the 3-4x rake they get from the 3-4 tablers. PartyPoker also wants the multitablers much more than an average player because multi-tablers carry large average monthly balances which PartyPoker must be making interest money off of hand over fist. Have you ever thought about how much money they have in their piggy-bank at one time?

Further, multitablers would likely leave Party to another site which didn't discourage Gametime/etc. leaving only people playing only one table at a time on Party (maybe 2 tables) which would increase your competition. This more so because the multitablers who wanted to stay at Party would start paying a lot more attention to how you/everyone else plays, and who wants that? I am pleased that people are making determinations about me based on what their stat. programs tells them, I use that to my advantage.

Seems like some poker website would just start incorporating
a headups feature built in, perhaps not so different from a fleshed-out version of what Absolute Poker tells you about the tables before you sit down (hands per hour, and a couple other useful stats).

And anyway, what's the point of disallowing the headsup feature since anyone who owns PokerTracker should really be datamining their opponents in real-time anyway, we're all just too lazy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Lastly, I don't see PT/GT+/PV as being anything other than very modern note taking devices, and you wouldn't take away my pen at a live game would you?
Old 07-07-2005, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL,

I'm guessing the odds of you being the "athletic kid" is less than 10%..now if you mean this as, you're good at poker and you don't need any freaking cleats (PT, GT+, etc) then forget this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note you're speaking to a 20 year old who is 6'5" 195 and has won 3 national championships in track and field in his lifetime. Just goes to show your reads go to [censored] without the help of your programs. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2005, 05:13 AM

Meh,

A. You waste a whole bunch of time and probably get nothing accomplished.
B. You end up looking like an A-hole
C. You actually get your wish and wow, wow, your win rate goes up by like .05BB/100 and you extend the fish boom as we know it by like .01%.

So you waste your time and look like an A hole or you don't waste you time, get your wish, still look like an A-hole and accomplish virtually nothing. Seems like a push..and generally when that's the case I do nothing.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh,

A. You waste a whole bunch of time and probably get nothing accomplished.
B. You end up looking like an A-hole
C. You actually get your wish and wow, wow, your win rate goes up by like .05BB/100 and you extend the fish boom as we know it by like .01%.

So you waste your time and look like an A hole or you don't waste you time, get your wish, still look like an A-hole and accomplish virtually nothing. Seems like a push..and generally when that's the case I do nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I know that "my wish" will likely never happen
2. I dont care about looking like an A-Hole (note the subject of the thread)
3. I made the original post in part to make a point as well
Old 07-07-2005, 05:19 AM

Stigmata,

I agree with you completely
Old 07-07-2005, 05:20 AM

OH my..you've put me in my place.

I've won 5 gold medals...7' 10" and I've beaten the hulk in an arm wrestling match.

So like yea..still proves nothing...and as for the software..I really don't think it makes that much of a difference. The good players will play well the bad will poorly..software or not. And the software hinders the people playing poorly from getting better..so meh...and like I date a playmate and I'm worth 100 Million dollars...seriously..haaha.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OH my..you've put me in my place.

I've won 5 gold medals...7' 10" and I've beaten the hulk in an arm wrestling match.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes it sound as though you question the validity of my statement
Old 07-07-2005, 05:27 AM

"This makes it sound as though you question the validity of my statement"

LOVE IT!!!

Now I'm really cracking up here..you have a pretty good sense of humor man. I take it all back....I've only won 4 Gold medals..I'm only 7'6"...and I've only beaten Mr. T in arm wrestling.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:29 AM

All I care about is party having some mental upgrade where I have to click a bunch of [censored] every 5-6 minutes....and you know your little plan is a first step in that direction.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This makes it sound as though you question the validity of my statement

[/ QUOTE ]

who really cares as to its validity?