Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 03:08 PM

Default and the Gold Medal goes to...

Gold. Tomer Benvenisti
Silver. Paul Magriel
Bronze. Steven Diano
Old 07-06-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Agreed- poker is a GAME!

[ QUOTE ]

First unofficial requirements of a sport- you have to sweat while doing it and it has to be legitimately considered exercise. Also, it has to take a lot of physical training.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sweat when i play poker - and my heart is pumping too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Poker at the London Olympics 2012

[ QUOTE ]
I seriously think someone should arrange a partition to get NL Hold'em to be at the program for the Olympics 2012 in London.

/Frank
www.facts-thank-you.com

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't happen. New rules. You have to take a sport out before you can put one in. And before you jump up and down and say synchronized swimming, its not a separate sport, its lumped in under one sport: aquatics.

Since there are several sports in line already poker has absolutely no chance of getting in because there is no chance of them kicking out that many sports.

Most of you likely favorites to get kicked out it wouldn't matter since they are lumped in to bigger categories. Trampoline, for instance, is gymnastics, and they aren't getting rid of gymnastics. Even if you killed Trampoline it wouldn't open up a spot. (Maybe we should propose poker on a trampoline? )

Oddly enough, Karate can not get in although we already have judo and tai kwon do, because there is no Martial Arts sport...those two are both considered separate sports.

The IOC is really dumb.

--Zetack