Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Me vs. ICM

1. Push

2. Push

3. Fold

4. Push
Old 07-03-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Furthermore, I think #4 is very debatable. Although I'm confident that ICM results will say that this is a positive EV play, it's not the smartest move IMO. There are many plays that are +EV that I never make.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to explain why?

[/ QUOTE ]

These ev calculations deal with one hand and don't factor in other considerations.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:14 AM

I'm not a crazy all-in monkey but I think 1 and 2 are clear pushes. 3 is a clear fold. 4 is the closest but even I would push there more times than not.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

These ev calculations deal with one hand and don't factor in other considerations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea hoe OP got to 500 chips with 50/100 blind nor do I care. I thik this a situation whre, barring read on the blinds I am pushing darn near every two. If another playe is not I question his skill/sanity.

FWIW, if you show down and win you just make an adjustment in your pushing standards.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:48 AM

1) Push
2) Push
3) Fold
4) Push
Old 07-03-2005, 08:57 AM

ppfp
Old 07-03-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea hoe OP got to 500 chips with 50/100 blind nor do I care. I thik this a situation whre, barring read on the blinds I am pushing darn near every two. If another player is not I question his skill/sanity.

FWIW, if you show down and win you just make an adjustment in your pushing standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just the dumbest statement. And I have no idea why you would say something like this. Are you such a MASTER that you are able to make this judgement?

If you wish to make an argument, then provide an argument, but this kind of "I'm better than you" type of statement is ludicrous.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:44 AM

After further review, hand #4 is a clear push. You have worse problems than showing K5o. SB and his stack size is irrelevant, he has to call any two (you are ahead of any two), and pot odds dictate that BB has to call as well and you have a Top 50% hand.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is just the dumbest statement. And I have no idea why you would say something like this. Are you such a MASTER that you are able to make this judgement?

If you wish to make an argument, then provide an argument, but this kind of "I'm better than you" type of statement is ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is, honestly, a trivial push even if this is the first hand of 50/100 blinds and if you are getting called by any two (which you won't be regardless of whether SB should or not.)

With this many players at an 800 chip game how often are you going to get a better hand into an unraised pot? Pretty infrequently. And postion matters as we all know. Do the dissenters plan on pushing any two once you are at barely more than 3BB? Calling from the BB with junk getting 2:1? Is that anybody's plan? The way I look at it is that the math is on my side, not every tourney works out perfectly and if you are not pushing K6 here it is a burden on you to give a logical reason why you don't not the other way around. Are you concerned about table image? In the next 9 hands you are nearly guarantedd to have less than 3BBs barring a double up.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea hoe OP got to 500 chips with 50/100 blind nor do I care. I thik this a situation whre, barring read on the blinds I am pushing darn near every two. If another player is not I question his skill/sanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes i agree with you here Scuba Chuck.

For what it is worth, my answers are ppff. I think the last one is close. It all depends on the nature of the table. On some tournaments you get lots of chances to steal, on other people are already in there before you. And yes, your table image is going to get hurt by pushing this one.