Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2003, 08:34 PM

Default give me a break. *NM*

Old 02-06-2003, 08:51 PM

Default Re: You never have a losing week???

I would think there's an exaggeration cause when the cards are running cold and your playing in AC you can still lose to those tourists who hold 9-2 suited against a preflop raise and they flop 2 pair and your holding AA. The games in AC can do that to you so i find it far fetched that you have not run into a string of bad beats in a week....On the other hand, if you haven't had a losing week....kudos...i just think the probability is very low.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:17 PM

Default Re: You never have a losing week???

If you're averaging 3BB/hr, I find it hard to believe that in a 35 week period, every week would fall between 5BB/hr and .75BB/hr. The tightness required for this low of a deviation I can't imagine you would be able to make 3BB/hr.
Old 02-07-2003, 12:07 AM

Default Re: turning pro----- thanks

I think I will adopt jayadd as my own personal troll. Hey jayadd, let's go over to RGP nad have some fun. Sic'em boy! Arrrroooohhhhhh!!!!
Old 02-07-2003, 01:03 AM

like i said earlier 8 months of playing 30-40hrs a week in AC prior to that 6 years of total play. 3bb/hr 1bb/hr you guys are to by the book. When you are playing weaker players those #'s dont mean a thing. Heres an example:
last saturday i sat at the 5-10 kill omaha 8 or better and we had full table about 2400 at table minus my 200 buy in. after 3 hours of play prior to my first break i had a profit of 455. I went got something to eat and came back the table was still full but 2 new faces each with about 200 in front. There was still about 2200 at the table. I scooped 2 pots in a row with 2nd off a kill. i was up to 725 now after 6 hours of play. Im friendly and very talkative at the table. Being young also(27) allows many older men to go on tilt or call me when i have nuts. My goal was 500 and i reached it in 6 hours. I cashed out and headed back home to NY. This was a very good days work but it has been running very well since january. If any of you want to check it out i will be there this weekend and you can see for yourself.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:30 AM

Omaha is pretty easy. I've never lost in a live game but have only played it 10 times or so at lower limits. But I think this guy is just on a good run of cards.

Eventually, he will hit the shitty runs and let's see how he handles that.
Old 02-07-2003, 01:51 PM

I hope you don't go bust.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:36 PM

Jayadd,
I've definetly had games where the hourly rate was in the $100's per hour, even at 1-5 stud. But... over several hundred hours at a view, it always evened out.

Are you saying you've played 6 years and never had a losing week?

Longest stretch I went without a losing session was 16 sessions, in Vegas, at the Mirage, 5-10 stud.

A month later it evened out.

'course at that time I only had about year under my belt. I picked up poker in my late 30's, and literally learned stud at a table in the MGM grand with a list of hand rankings in hand.

Sincerely,
AA
Old 02-10-2003, 11:08 AM

Jayadd,

Could you give me a brief description of yourself? Maybe I can sweat ya when I go to AC. Would love to learn a little that will help me pay my month's rent + utilities. Y'know, I can ekk out my month's rent playing poker but either my phone our my electricity will be turned off at the end of the month. How about it? [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2003, 12:48 PM

Jayadd,

Would love to sweat ya this Sat. Why not send me a private message with your description so maybe we can meet? [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]