Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: First 2,000 SnGs and some random thoughts/questions

[ QUOTE ]
What I've learned:
-variance sucks
-SnG tracker is a great program but a dangerous tool when it causes you to become too focused on stats that you have little control over
- After 2,000 tournaments I still suck at poker, but luckily most other poker players suck even more

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this last comment is a must for all learning players. You have to go through a period of making donk plays. To get it out of your system.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:44 AM

I think your biggest problem is that you think you can do better than this (?) You have posted better stats than i have at all 3 levels, and better stats than most anyone i've seen with large-ish ample size. Realize that alot of the high ROI posts you read are only posted because the person has run well and is really proud of them.

I'm quite sure that these starts are in the top quartile of what 2+2ers could acchieve. And top few percentiles of the Party Pool in general.

Also, i agree that your finsish dist'n is perfect. YOu simply cannot get that many 1st without having that many 4th-6ths.

Also, i am not supprised that the 33s were lowest return.
I see no reason for you to play any more 800 chip games, assuming you haven't cashout-crippled your roll.

Great job. I'm looking forward to the 3000-SNG update. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

BL'
Old 07-01-2005, 11:04 AM

I could post here sames graphs with my 450 last games( from the moment I began to keep tracks with sng-tracker. They are not so beautiful and nice... I'm not sure someone will find that interesting.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:06 PM

[image]http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=profitgraph2dh.png[/image]

Very nice stats! What was your thinking during the 2nd quarter when you profit stagnated for 500 SnGs? Did you do anything different? Did you find leaks? Or did you just continue to play through the drought?
Old 07-01-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't import some of my $20s into SNG tracker

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, send them over! sng at pokercomment dot com. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks for the great program hood, as you can tell many posters including myself have been able to make good use of it. The reason why I couldn't import some of my $20s into SNG tracker is that I didn't have them anymore, not because of any problem with the program.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your biggest problem is that you think you can do better than this (?)

[/ QUOTE ]
I do not think that it is likely that I can produce better results than this. In fact, my main worry is if I can continue producing the same results without further incresing my understanding of the game.

[ QUOTE ]

Very nice stats and a very nice chunk of change you've made. At about what time in the day do you usually play your tournaments? Just curious. [

[/ QUOTE ]
Anywhere from 1pm-6am ET, so pretty much anytime.

[ QUOTE ]

Very nice stats! What was your thinking during the 2nd quarter when you profit stagnated for 500 SnGs? Did you do anything different? Did you find leaks? Or did you just continue to play through the drought?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure exactly when you're talking about, but during the slump in the middle part of the $50s I just grinded. I hit a bad, prolonged downswing at the $30s but eventually made it out so that gave me confidence that I could do the same here. During the first part of the $50s I also had a 40% ROI for those first 250 or so I was more than prepared for a prolonged cold streak. If I had hit the downswing to begin with it would have been much tougher, but in this case I was probably playing more tournaments than when I was winning.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm always looking to exchange HH for evaluations and such, so if any $50+ players are interested feel free to PM me.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow, I didn't expect to get a flood of PMs from this. I now have more than enough HH to review/exchange so for at least the current moment I can't do any more exchanges.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:00 PM

Your stats are awesome.

As a matter of fact, I think your 21% at the 55s may come down, but I could be wrong. I really dont want to get into one of those sustainable discussions hehe. I can say that the 55s can put out some intense variance in my experience.

You probably have some very good table selection skills. Kudos friend.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, my main worry is if I can continue producing the same results without further incresing my understanding of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to worry about this. I don't anymore. I'm convinced that as long as I continue to play I will improve. But just realize that sometimes you can make substantial regression. You 'think' you've figured something out, only to later discover that you were wrong. I do this constantly.

I remember strongly disagreeing with Phil Van Sexton last month (not the PVS). I've done a 180. As long as you don't let the numbers go to your head, you'll continue to improve.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:47 AM

you make a good point, but I was more implying that these stats might be a result of a turbo charged luckbox and it can't be sustained with my current skill [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]