Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: J4s blind defense

[ QUOTE ]
especially the idea that on the flop you're going to make a terrible call to attempt to take a shot at the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a small chance i am ahead. he will raise a lot of hands preflop here.

when im behind, my outs are more likely to be clean than in other HU situations.

this is the only turn card i would take a shot with, as i can fold out a lot of better hands.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's not forget, we don't need to be ahead of Villian's stealing range to make this a call. We are getting over 3:1 to see the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-26-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let's not forget, we don't need to be ahead of Villian's stealing range to make this a call. We are getting over 3:1 to see the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be all well and good if Hero was calling all-in without worrying about the pesky matter of playing the flop and beyond.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:33 PM

i think i handle myself well preflop, though im not certain that this is a good example of that.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:45 PM

How many hands on villain?

I don't think the pre flop call is bad. Your equity is 40-50% w/ 3.3:1 odds. Of course, you need to dump your hand most of the time post flop.

Fold the flop. Fold the turn.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is kind of a tangent, but I think one of the biggest mistakes that players who post here make is not stealing enough, and not defending enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny you say this, because I was flamed for my pre-flop defense decision in the following hand:

link

[/ QUOTE ]

What I think, and what many posters on the board think are often in dissagreement. In this hand though I think even 64s is beyond what I would defend with, unless I had a good read on the villian. However, defending with it can never be much more than a very small mistake.

-SmileyEH
Old 06-26-2005, 07:09 PM

I'd just like to say I think the preflop call is correct, but I don't agree with postflop play. This is a board I'd much rather just checkfold on.

-SmileyEH
Old 06-26-2005, 07:13 PM

I would agree with most of the people and dump it pre-flop. I dont even think againt a random hand you're much of a favorite, plus the only real reason to play against him is to hit a favorable flop, which hasn't happened.

However, on the turn I would just call then lead the river. The only reason is that the check/call, check-raise on this board is to be expected with every hand except any hands that are winning here. Against good players a board of 666A is too good a board to bluff, so when you lead the turn it looks as if you're value betting as opposed to sucking your opponent in with a turn C/R.

Against a good opponent I feel you will just get three-bet way to often with and hand the CO might steal with.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:14 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
especially the idea that on the flop you're going to make a terrible call to attempt to take a shot at the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a small chance i am ahead. he will raise a lot of hands preflop here.

when im behind, my outs are more likely to be clean than in other HU situations.

this is the only turn card i would take a shot with, as i can fold out a lot of better hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares if you have the best hand? he has initiative. you have 6 outs even if he has 32o
Old 06-26-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true then you should be folding the flop.