Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Playing against females

Hey, I'm fairly new to poker (a few months) but i notice that i play differently against females.

In my experience (twice in a b & m, 2/4 limit holdem), i've played against three of em. First was a old lady (very tight), middle age lady (weak), and a very fine looking one (tight and weak). Those are my reads and I was fairly correct, but my question is.

Do you guys play differently against women? I tend to softplay them and believe that when they check (weak hand) and when they bet (strong hand). It turns out, I am wrong so far in my two sessions of playing these women.

For example, the middle age lady hit her set and I hit top pair on flop. I bet and she calls. 4th st comes and i check, she checks. river comes, and i still have top pair with ace kicker (possible flush on fourth st and blank on river). I fake a check and i notice that she is about to flip her cards over, so i bet thinking top pair is best (against her failed four to flush draw). Turns out she flips over a set of 3's. Thinking to myself, I would freaken raise with that hand. wtf.

she tells me that she thought i had a straight ( I didn't even notice a straight on board, plus my image is sort of a maniac at the time)...

Women and poker, what do u think of em? especially the hot looking ones? dame she was one fine looking lady. ( I didn't hit on her, i have lots of respect for competition)

thanks for the replies

-YoungOne