FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: ESPN NBA Mock Draft III

[ QUOTE ]
DAMNIT we want Chris Paul (Celtics)

Blackjack

[/ QUOTE ]

NO WE DON'T!!

We have Banks and Delonte, I'm satisfied with those two at PG. I want Graham. Kid is easily the most athletic in the draft and he can play. I also love Hakim.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wait what? They have the Lakers taking a SG. WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it written by Chad Ford?

I'm more inclined to trust the draftniks over on nbadraft.net. Plus it really looks like the Celts have given a promise to Roko Ukic (who looks like a stud).

tbach, check out celticsblog.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do, TY.

Edit- from the blog:

This phenomenon is a yearly occurrence and is happening as we speak. Once surefire early first round picks such as Monta Ellis, Jarret Jack and Chris Taft have to hope they'll be selected in the first round. Channing Frye, Roko Ukic and Yaroslav Karolev, on the other hand, are all now being talked about as good shots for the lottery.

Why does this happen? For one thing, many team officials will give high praise to players their club has no intention of drafting in an attempt to fool teams with higher picks into allowing a desired player to slide down in the draft. Say what you want about this process, but I think we can all agree that a smokescreen like this would fool Isiah Thomas just about every time, and as long as he's in charge of the Knicks, many teams will be picking after New York.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone should be aware that Lakers' GM Mitch Kupchak is absolutely horrible. The Lakers are liable to do something utterly stupid at any time. I believe Kupchak is currently the worst GM in the league. There are some plenty of other horrible GM's out there, but Kupchak takes the prize.

[/ QUOTE ]

kobe is gone, at least all indications lead towards that idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

What indications?

[/ QUOTE ]

No real indications. Perhaps a bogus post, playing off the Kupchak is an idiot concept?

Btw, you Celts fans should hope Pierce gets traded. You have no shot at a championship with him, but would simply be a perennial playoff team struggling to make the second round. If the deal for Portland's 3rd pick went down, and if prep sensation Gerald Green did turn out to be anything close to the next McGrady, which he's being billed as, you'd have promising young guys to build around, with Jefferson, Banks, West, Allen, and Green, plus some good role players in Blount and Davis. Add enough cap room now available to attract a superstar, and you have a possible contender in a few years.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you'd have promising young guys to build around, with Jefferson, Banks, West, Allen, and Green, plus some good role players in Blount and Davis. Add enough cap room now available to attract a superstar, and you have a team that could finish second to the Bulls for a long time, which is nice considering the morass that has been called Celtic Basketball for a while now .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2005, 05:53 PM

Considering the bias of the poster, I'll take that as confirmation that the Celts would indeed be a team to fear, if they did what I said. Being the Boston GM shouldn't be tough. Trade Pierce, rebuild, look good doing it next year since the East still sucks (outside the top 3), and throw money at an All-Star after that.

Postscripts: I agree that the Bulls could be very good in '08. Celtic Basketball indeed has been a morass. If they do what I say, they'll be lessass and moregud.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:59 PM

Celtics should indeed be good. Them, the Bulls and Cavs will be fun to watch. The Pacers still have a pretty good core too. Miami has a 2-year window, tops.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:38 PM

Looks like we agree then. Detroit and Indy are the now. Bulls, Wiz, possibly Celts and Cavs are the future. Miami has a short window and needs to sign a third star, or at least someone Tayshaun Prince level at a minimum. Otherwise they are overrated imho. Posted about it in the '06 NBA champions thread, just don't see them beating Det or Indy next year.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone should be aware that Lakers' GM Mitch Kupchak is absolutely horrible. The Lakers are liable to do something utterly stupid at any time. I believe Kupchak is currently the worst GM in the league. There are some plenty of other horrible GM's out there, but Kupchak takes the prize.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What indications?

[/ QUOTE ]

no one in the NBA is untouchable, last year should have illustrated that nicely. I'm just saying that it could be in the cards given this working out of a lot of SG's, Phil's rehire and other random rumblings and crap you get from ESPN. If Buss/Phil/Kupchak think that they can't win with him, I imagine he's dealt. Depends on how the SF situation shakes out.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:42 PM

There's like no chance Kobe doesn't play at least the next 3 years in LA. C'mon now.