Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 08:03 PM

Default Re: The pockets of jeans today

I already have bigger bills, 20s, 50s, and up in my left pocket. Thats usually where I keep bulk cash, since I play a lot live I usually will carry a lot. The money section of my wallet is mostly for 5s and 10s so I dont have to take out 2,000$ to buy lunch. In my wallet I have a lot of cards to carry, 2 bank cards, metrocards, student ID, health insurance card, fake ID, fake ID #2, receipts/bank stuff, a bunch of calling cards with phone #s and addresses, my wallet does a good job.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:12 PM

You bring what you need for where you're going. You'd be suprised how often all you need is your drivers license and $100 (or whatever arbitrary amount you think you need, i actually prefer bank card/check card over money).
Old 06-22-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I already have bigger bills, 20s, 50s, and up in my left pocket. Thats usually where I keep bulk cash, since I play a lot live I usually will carry a lot. The money section of my wallet is mostly for 5s and 10s so I dont have to take out 2,000$ to buy lunch. In my wallet I have a lot of cards to carry, 2 bank cards, metrocards, student ID, health insurance card, fake ID, fake ID #2, receipts/bank stuff, a bunch of calling cards with phone #s and addresses, my wallet does a good job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look on the bright side, if you ever get mugged, they won't be able to get the cash out of your pocket.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look on the bright side, if you ever get mugged, they won't be able to get the cash out of your pocket

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

I dont carry a lot of cash all the time, just when I'm going to play poker, which is... almost all the time. nyc is really safe as long as you dont go anywhere stupid.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:25 PM

Small wallet in front right pocket with two debit cards, some cash, my driver's license, and two or three miscellaneous plastics.

Cell phone in my left front pocket, and keys hooked on my belt loop and tucked in the left front. If I'm not wearing jeans I just throw them in the left pocket.

I don't like carrying much in my pockets, and I HATE having stuff in my back pockets save a piece of paper or something like that.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:33 PM

Stuff in my back pockets falls out too much, makes sitting weird, or gets sweated into on hot days. Plus it's much more easily pick-pocketed. I've lost many wallets from my back pocket, so now I keep mine in the front right, where I've never lost one from. Keys are on a keyring attached to it. Left carries a few odd bills so I don't have to make a big production out of digging my wallet out. Keys and wallet in the right front pocket make a solid feeling lump that I can feel secure about knowing is always in there.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:37 PM

i dont put stuff in my back pocket so they dont get pickpocketed as well. at least theres an upside to these new pants, im never getting pickpocketed...ever. i have a whole little routine i go through where i "feel the bills, the cellphone, wallet, and jingle the keys to make sure I have everything.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:40 PM

I'm wearing my favorite pair of jeans which come from DKNY (also happen to be my nicest pair) and they don't have this problem. Wallet and car key in left pocket, cell phone and house keys in right, everytime.

Although I think I had another pair of DKNY jeans that had this problem. But they're kind of old and I've put on a little weight since then, so it could be that too.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have a whole little routine i go through where i "feel the bills, the cellphone, wallet, and jingle the keys to make sure I have everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hilarious because I thought my semi-OCD ass was the only one who went through this exact routine. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2005, 08:46 PM

Actually everybody does that. Anyone coming from a bank, an automatic teller machine, or a store where they've just spent some money almost always pats or touches, sometimes a few times, a particular pocket for no reason -- the reason actually being that's where their money is. Kind of an unconscious protective "just checking" it's kind of hard to train yourself out of. But it tells people both that you have money and exactly where it is.

If you want to walk around with a concealed weapon, you have to get out of the habit of doing the same thing.