Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: sub 50%

[ QUOTE ]
I would make the argument that if you're not below 50% on showdowns, you're not being aggressive enough. The hands that can call your all-ins and raises are going to be higher quality than the ones you'd raise and push with.

Over my last couple thousand SNG's, 4-handed, when I raise first in and the hand goes to showdown, I win about 43% of the time. I assume these are the types of situations you're worried about.

For the month of June, I'm running 31% in this spot so far, which is beyond awful. Knowing this, however, is the only thing keeping me sane right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends what level you're playing. In the lowest levels, people can and will call with almost any holding. It's very easy to get called with worse hands 9 out of 10 or 15 out of 20 times or an even more lopsided margin. Many people basically play just for fun or don't see why it isn't a good idea to call any sized bet, as long as they're in the blinds, or with any face card, or any two suited, etc. There's not really any such thing as a common understanding of how to play that fits pretty much all the players across all the levels. And at the lowest levels, it can be bewilderingly wild sometimes. You definitely won't necessarily see people understanding that you generally need a better hand to call with than to raise with. They want to play!
Old 06-22-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: sub 50%

[ QUOTE ]

Ive actually never looked at my showdown %. I have no idea what it is and I think I don't care either.

[/ QUOTE ] That's good, because I looked up your showdown %, and it SUCKS.