Old 06-21-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: More basic handreading.

uTG: KQ
BB: AJ
ntt:34 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 01:55 PM

posting blind.

You appear to have 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or some random 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] x [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] type hand.

UTG looks to have JT and caught his gutshot on the turn.

BB has Ace-high card, probably AT or AJ.

Now I get to read and see how I did.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:05 PM

The turn is where things get interesting. Until then, BB could have nearly anything decent as could the rest of the field.

UTG: I'm thinking a pocket pair, AQ, a slowplayed pre-flop QQ (unlikely), JT, Ax diamonds are the most likely candidates here on the turn, but the diamonds are out when he doesn't cap the river betting when the diamond hits. The turn raise strongly implies he got a piece of the flop and/or turn, quite possibly a big piece. I'd put him on either AQ or a slow-played set of threes here with AQo being more likely. The river play is consistent with this as when the possible straight and flush hit, he calls down instead of raising with his already made hand.

BB: Pre-flop and flop are consistent with a decent sized pocket pair (probably 88 through JJ). Pre-flop, I'm also thinking AJ-AK, QK or a monster pocket pair turned set, but with no reraise on the turn, I'm thinking those are a bit less likely. When he brings aggression back on the river, I'm leaning towards JJ for him. JTs is an outside possibility, but in that case, I'm not sure he'd have called the flop raise, so I think that's less likely.

Hero: Calling two betts on the turn implies a strong made hand but not the nuts. Possibly a redraw to the nuts but you don't have it yet. Ax of diamonds is a strong candidate, but not A3, as you'd raise to protect your hand against weaker a Ax drawing out on you. ATo or ATs is possible, but I think it's less likely that it's diamonds, as that would warrent more aggression with top pair and a ton of redraws, many of which are to the nuts.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:05 PM

Entity: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] -- 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] -- 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] -- 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] -- 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] -- or A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. A flush in any event, and more likely a flush that wasn't also an OESD on the flop, because I think you'd be likely to raise an OESD + BDFD acting last against this line-up.

UTG: JT, maybe KQ. Could have been a funky K3 or A3 by the turn, but I don't think his river play makes this as likely as a stronger hand.

BB: TT, maybe AT or KT. I don't think he slows down on the turn and then speeds up again in the river without a T in his hand (especially when the third [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] falls).

Edit: Whoops. You're not acting last on the flop since you're the SB. Perhaps a bit more likely that you have an OESD + BDFD on the flop.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:18 PM

Hero: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB: JJ
UTG: JTo

Willing to raise with:-

BB: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG: no hand that I could envisage UTG having
Old 06-21-2005, 02:27 PM

you have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] rag[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or QT

BB has AJ/KJ

UTG has KQ
Old 06-21-2005, 02:47 PM

4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I cheat.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:33 PM

Here's my shot at it:
BB: AKo
UTG: JT suited but not [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero: Ax [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I can't agree with the 45 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] call because I doubt you'd three bet with the weak flush, with a raiser behind you.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:14 AM

NTT wheres our full HH?
=D
Old 06-22-2005, 01:27 AM

I'll tell you once people try to tell me how I can have QT here. Cuz I can't.

Also, it's sufficiently rare that I check-call A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on this board against this BB. I'm surprised so many think I'd check-call rather than checkraising that hand.

Rob