Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Possible problem with the calcutta..

now you want me to add too!
Old 06-20-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You'd be booking a winner [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

now all i need is a sucker...pm me if interested. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2005, 11:39 PM

I figured out the solution, I'm just gonna yell all in and push all my chips in every bet. After Irie gets done returning the overbet portion, I will have bet the pot.

Simple!

Steve
Old 06-20-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured out the solution, I'm just gonna yell all in and push all my chips in every bet. After Irie gets done returning the overbet portion, I will have bet the pot.

Simple!

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent idea. craig just wants to play PL cuz he knows ill pwn him at NL. holla
Old 06-21-2005, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, so what happens when the prize pool gets up to 20k range because all of us gamblers are making huge bets on who is going to win. that could cause some strategic problems when it gets down to the final two. if i win 20k for zen winning the thing, and im playing against him heads up, its pretty clear im going to want to throw the match so that he beats me and i get 20k.. i duno, just a thought.. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh; watching a 19 year-old realize the beauty of a Calcutta is almost like watching an infant take its first step... except with more action.

Irieguy

PS- If you want to make some serious cash on yourself... just take the money line on Raptor making the finals: it's +1902378401882702742730497247209.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:00 PM

U wanna possible Problem w/ the Calcutta?....Howbout when the orgainizer (Mr.SFB) decides that what his newly-perfected system to beat Roulette needs is a humungous bankroll (like the twenty-large in his pocket)...Then he tells the huddled-masses that he needs to "hit the sack" (suspiciously-early even for Him)...Next thing u Know = "Well, you won't have SkipperBob to kick around anymore" [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 07:06 PM

Tell U What [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'll take the "overs" on $15 grand rightnow for any amount you can count [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok, so what happens when the prize pool gets up to 20k range because all of us gamblers are making huge bets on who is going to win. that could cause some strategic problems when it gets down to the final two. if i win 20k for zen winning the thing, and im playing against him heads up, its pretty clear im going to want to throw the match so that he beats me and i get 20k.. i duno, just a thought.. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh; watching a 19 year-old realize the beauty of a Calcutta is almost like watching an infant take its first step... except with more action.

Irieguy

PS- If you want to make some serious cash on yourself... just take the money line on Raptor making the finals: it's +1902378401882702742730497247209.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO!!!
Old 06-21-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If that prize pool gets to 20K you're all nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously we are all nuts, and I could see this happeneing. Someone is going to end up owning half the field for 15k to hedge their ridiculous bets and then yugo will end up winning or something crazy like that. I just big 150 on SFB cause I felt bad yugo was 'worth' more then him [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 06-21-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So this move is super shady, and those who could even conceive of such a monstrosity against The Spirit of Poker must go on Irieguy's List of Poker Villains, but a full-on dump in the finals of this event if you're up against an opponent you have to win in the calcutta is a beautiful thing and to be encouraged. That makes sense.