Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Re: best games are not longer on party

[ QUOTE ]
What 16 years? Bots number is growing exponentially, faster that number of fish. There are already weaker programmable bots like WH beating low limits and there are cracks for stronger bots bots like PPA's Poki use for real money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Source, please?
Old 06-20-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Source, please?

[/ QUOTE ]
OK you caught me. I have no source for "exponential". I only estimate it by number of facts.

1. I saw 5 times more commercial bots this year than in previous.
2. I see 5 times more reg. users at WH forum than in previous year.
3. I see that 2-4 games at Party are now not 40s% flop seen like it was year-two ago but 30s% if not worse.

For what about PPA crack you may find it in archives - there should be my post on this.

I continue to write this to remind to everybody that you should inform your poker room about every bot you know of to make them work to prevent their functioning.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK you caught me.

[/ QUOTE ]

NP. Carry on.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:35 AM

Please re-read message when I say "you caught me" - I think I did some editing after you read it.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But like the other guy posted, thats like 16 years away.

[/ QUOTE ]LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, extremely "LOL". What 16 years are you talking about? Bots number is growing exponentially, faster that number of fish. There are already bots beating low limits and there are cracks for PPA bots like Poki use for real money. I think in 1.5-2 years online poker will become not profitable for most of current LL players (will be impossible to make living off low limits).
I think the biggest problem is that bot writers are now working as community. This will shorten that numbers even more. Party missed the moment when it was possible to buy WH and close it or even do something more radical.

[/ QUOTE ]
you guys are confusing each other, and i said youll have perfect playing bots 8-12 years.

[ QUOTE ]

I think in 1.5-2 years online poker will become not profitable for most of current LL players (will be impossible to make living off low limits).

[/ QUOTE ]

so whats the point of having bots in these games? in 2 years will the bots be that much better than the LL grinders? that they can profit but the grinders cant?
Old 06-20-2005, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so whats the point of having bots in these games? in 2 years will the bots be that much better than the LL grinders? that they can profit but the grinders cant?

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not talking about creative game which require adapting going at higher limits. I am talking about no higher than 2-4. Would you prefer to earn $30-50/hr in this LL game or $10/hr? How can game full of tight adapting bots be better than game full of fish? Even despite that many bots will suck, playing with adapting ones simply can't be better than playing with loose fish.
Now when you want tougher game you go to higher limits. Tougher game has just came lower (or may be almost came). Also rake is very high in low limits and this will do the rest. How many grinders will continue to work for 4-5 time lesser winrates?
For bot runners who will run 10-20-100 bots each their small winrate will be just fine multiplied by number of bots but not for human who may only play 1-4-8 tables.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:45 AM

This whole thread is pretty [censored] retarded. Some people keep rambling off some meaningless "facts" about bots. While others rip on them for being pretty stupid. I have nothing to add to this thread other than pointing out the fact that online poker rooms have alot to loose from bots, and might have something to say about these.

Oh any that post about bots playing perfect poker in 8 years and perfect NL in 16 was hilarious.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in 8-12 years youll have perfect playing limit holdem bots which will be unbeatable. Just have to hope the poker rooms can keep them off there sites.

in 12-16 years same thing with NL bots

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect nl bots are far easier to program than limit bots.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not talking about creative game which require adapting going at higher limits. I am talking about no higher than 2-4. Would you prefer to earn $30-50/hr in this LL game or $10/hr? How can game full of tight adapting bots be better than game full of fish? Even if many of them will be not very good this simply can't be better than playing with loose fish.
Now when you want tougher game you go to higher limits. Tougher game will just come lower. Also rake is very high in low limits and this will do the rest. How many grinders will continue to work for 4-5 time lesser winrates?
For bot runners who will run 10-20-100 bots each their small winrate will be just fine multiplied by number of bots but not for human who may only play 1-4-8 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre assuming sites are going to be infested by 1000's of bots? well than yeah 1000's of barely profitable bots will kill whatever limit there playing. A few sneaking by wont make a dent. Like right now its not the bots making the games tough its the emergance of 4-12 tabling grinders.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in 8-12 years youll have perfect playing limit holdem bots which will be unbeatable. Just have to hope the poker rooms can keep them off there sites.

in 12-16 years same thing with NL bots

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect nl bots are far easier to program than limit bots.

[/ QUOTE ]

must be a bias limit player