Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Results

You did nothing wrong.
Only 1 person can win, and when you get cold decked like this what can you do?
At this stage in the tourny, you don't win by mucking KK to agression.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:30 AM

Default Re: Hand from WSOP 2000 NLHE

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
due to his 4.5x reraise, i do not think he has AA, so i would push.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed
Old 06-16-2005, 11:10 AM

the other players reraise was huge. reraised from 2,200 to 10,000. which is 4.5x.
If the guy had AA, I don't see him making such a huge reraise.
Thus I do not believe he does have AA.
Thus I push in all my chips.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Results

I like your play. I really think that AK was very likely for most players. Also, while you're right... he lays down most hands that you beat, I also think there's so much in the pot that just taking it there is well worth the risk.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:00 PM

If you can limit him to Qs - As, and the math shows this as a coinflip situation when he calls your push (as long as he calls you with Qs), then I think it's an easy lay down. At this point in the tourney, with a very healthy stack that gives you the ability to pick up a lot of blinds and small pots, I don't want to risk my chips on a flip.

Note that my previous analysis was based on the fact that you had been very LAGgy and that his re-raise may have been a re-steal (because he didn't put you on a real hand). However, if you narrow him down to Qs - As based upon reads and previous action (which you didn't note in your original post), then I don't think you need to risk your chips here when you still have a very healthy stack that should allow you to keep your stack growing.

tough hand - i know how mesmerizing the cowboys can be,
ts-
Old 06-16-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the other players reraise was huge. reraised from 2,200 to 10,000. which is 4.5x.
If the guy had AA, I don't see him making such a huge reraise.
Thus I do not believe he does have AA.
Thus I push in all my chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what they are saying by "huh?" is that if you think he does not have AA, then you think you are way ahead. Therefore, you don't want him to fold, so you don't push; you try to get some mo'.

-ptmusic
Old 06-16-2005, 02:10 PM

Most of the time when a weakie makes such a huge raise, AA is exactly what he holds. They live with the mentality, "I don't want to get these cracked so I better shut everyone out preflop" and "better to win a small pot than lose a big one". If someone a more aggressive player makes a huge raise you can use your argument but since this opponent is overly weak-tight, the huge reraise makes me think he has exactly AA. I've never folded KK preflop and not sure if I ever will but don't think that a huge re-raise eliminates AA from his range of hands, the opposite is usually true.

Schaefer
Old 06-16-2005, 02:55 PM

i think you are reading way too far into what they are saying, since you won't want to let somebody stay in with an A.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you are reading way too far into what they are saying, since you won't want to let somebody stay in with an A.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could certainly be wrong about what they were saying when they said "huh?" about your earlier post. Perhaps they were thinking more along the lines of earlier posts that said a huge reraise does not at all rule out AA.

But if your opponent has a single Ace, you are way ahead. When you are way ahead, you want to get as much money from your opponent into the pot.

I'm not saying a push is wrong, but I don't think the rational for it should be that he doesn't have AA, nor should the rational be that he has a single Ace.

-ptmusic
Old 06-17-2005, 06:59 PM

If you know he has AA-QQ (and not AK!), then wouldn't just calling and moving in on a non-king, non-ace flop be much better? AA was calling you anyways. QQ was probably folding to your raise and will probably call to a rags flop.

If an ace comes you can assign a higher probabilty to him having queens and try to milk the pot. If he has aces, result is the same.

If a king comes you can also milk the pot and the result should be the same if he had aces and you moved in pre-flop.

Just commit to going all the way unless the flop comes AQx.