Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Can I keep up a 210% ROI

The key to keeping your ROI over 200% is making sure your ITM is always over 100%. Most good players are ITM at least 140% of their games, and some of the top SNG pros who post here win over twice as many games as they actually play. We're talking about people in the top level, hardest games, though, where win rates are much lower. If they stepped down a bit to easier games, their win rate would go up.

Lots of people who could play higher are happy just to have less variation and win 20 or 30 games at a time while 8-tabling the 55's.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you guys are so unwilling to consider that this guy might have developed the super ultimate sng strategy that takes full advantage of your less effective pos strategy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think about it like that, hmmm what should this "super ultimate sng strategy" be called... these words alone may not even be fitting for such a phrase.

Got it...It shall be referred to as...

"The Super Redonkulous Ultimata Sng Strategery"
Old 06-14-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

It probably happens one time in an extremely large number of 300 SnG runs (billions). Perhaps 210% is too extreme, but 100% probably happens from time to time.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I started out on party last year playing the 5 dollar sng's and doing really well. I waited till I ran my 100$ bankroll to 1000$ before I moved up to the 10's.

I have been crushing the 10's after my first 300 tourney's my ROI has been 210%. My strategy that I use allows me to money in virtually every tournament and win a large majority. One of my friends thinks I am crazy for not moving up to the 20's but I have been doing so well I am afraid to move up.

Any of you guys have any clues of the play difference between the two levels?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure Citanul would be happy to help you with all your questions.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:59 PM

I cant give away my strategy or party name because I dont want anyone to observe my play and take notes. I do admit that it probaly wouldnt work as well at higher limits but at the 10 dollar level it crushes the competition.

I can see where it might drop down to just over 100% but never lower than that. I also only play 4 tables at once. But I am planning to start 8 tabling this week.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good one!

I needed a laugh.

I cannot belive that some of you think that this was a serious post,

jw

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure my post will be taken with a grain of salt, because I am a new poster and all that. I believe that if this post is a joke, it is sort of exactly what is wrong with this forum. I've been reading here long enough to know that there is a cyclical nature to things. However, the last month or so seems to be the highest noise to signal ratio I've ever noticed. There's 10 joke threads a day, "fad plays" such as the PVS or Stop-and-Go that wind up with 30 threads a day when they are in style, and of course, too many one word answers to questions that the original posters clearly think are more difficult than can be answered in that manner.

Hopefully things will start changing soon, or I fear that many of the better posters will stop posting entirely.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:22 PM

New poster or not, you're exactly right. I'm also getting tired of the sickeningly obvious "should I push PF with an awesome hand and 3BB" threads.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant give away my strategy or party name because I dont want anyone to observe my play and take notes. I do admit that it probaly wouldnt work as well at higher limits but at the 10 dollar level it crushes the competition.

I can see where it might drop down to just over 100% but never lower than that. I also only play 4 tables at once. But I am planning to start 8 tabling this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things:

1. If you're serious, your strategy cannot maintain 50% ROI over the long run. You're just hot. And I'm being generous with 50%.

2. If you're joking, it's really not that good a prank.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that if this post is a joke, it is sort of exactly what is wrong with this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I believe that if this post is a joke, it is sort of exactly what is wrong with this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too bad the "now and then" requirements haven't been satisfied.