Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: My Take... After Some Thought

* He was not waiting to join a higher table.

To me, when he answered that he did not play internet poker, my read on him was that he had played and did not enjoy the action. I might be wrong about that, but why would a good-to-great player not take advatage, at least occasionally, of multi-tabling the juicy games always available around the clock? My conclusion with this cat is that his game is very dependent upon physical reads so much that he loses most of his advantage over the internet, but can beat the typical middle limit holdem game in a B&M by playing looser but exceling at reads based on physical tells. But he probably has a much tougher time playing at the higher limits, thus his current slumming, where many of the players don't give off this information, I dunno...

Believe me when I say this, you are giving this guy waaay too much credit.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:24 AM

Default Re: B&M Player I Can\'t Figure Out

Exactly, be happy this guy would do those things to help you out. I'd go and befriend him somehow and have him help you further. I mean, if he did all that out of kindness, he could do wonders for your game if you offerred to compensate him to help you.