Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Where were you?

[ QUOTE ]
i was at school in the suburbs, about 1/2 an hour north of the city. i walked into english and my teacher was sitting there crying watching the TV. 5 minutes later, 1/2 the class was on their cell phones trying to see if their parents/uncles/friends were ok, but almost no one was able to get through to anyone, because all the phone networks were so overloaded.

watched the second one fall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very similar experience
Old 06-08-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was picturing a little Wright Brothers type plane at first and didn't understand what the big deal was.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow
Old 06-08-2005, 05:33 PM

Work, a friend called and said a plane went into the tower. I was like, "Yeah, damn cessna or something."

Yeah, so I was wrong. No one got any work done that day, and it was fun hearing the fighters overhead for the rest of the day.

-d

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was picturing a little Wright Brothers type plane at first and didn't understand what the big deal was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I thought the same thing and was there. I actually went to my office which was closer to the WTC.

wow

[/ QUOTE ]

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

Yknow. Another thing I remember was playing poker online that night. Playing with people from other countries. It was pretty cool how many on there showed their concern for the US. I don't think I've ever seen the chat windows with that much empathy before. It kind of gave you a little more real perspective on just how far it reached.

b
Old 06-08-2005, 05:34 PM

I sat in the office preparing presentation of a large offer I was going to present the next day. Was aware at the time that Bush had undermined moderate moslem's power in the Middle East so I had expected terror to increase but not anything like this, so I was shocked.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:38 PM

Here's how messed up the morale is in local TV news.

I got out of the shower that morning, watched the second plane hit the tower live on the Today Show. At the time, I was thinking about how busy the day was going to be because of this story.

At work though, people realized the silver lining was that we'd be carrying network news all day, so we wouldn't have to do a local newscast. We're all going to hell, no question.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:38 PM

I don't watch the news or anything in the morning. I got up, drove to work listening to a CD. Sat down and my best friend came up to me (this was around 10:30 Eastern, 7:30 Pacifc) and said "So, terrorism, bad huh" and I'm like "huh, what". Then he explains...
Old 06-08-2005, 05:39 PM

I was sitting in my 2nd period religion class, 3rd row from the right, 2nd seat from the back. Class had just started when an announcement came over the loudspeaker. Our principal told us that a plane had crashed into the WTC and anyone who had friends or family there could leave class to try to get in touch with them, but that everyone else should stay in class and try to go about things as a normal day. At that point, my teacher ended class and ran out of the room. We found out later that his wife worked in the WTC and was killed that day.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We're all going to hell, no question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had joy in the fact that all my classes were canceled that day. I wasn't proud of it, but that's the truth.