Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Continuation Bets

Just as an aside...

I believe Dan Harrington mentions in his tournament book that you should bet 1/2 the pot when you are continue betting.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:15 PM

right I've read that too. I think its good idea against the type of players he is playing against but perhaps not at the limits we play at.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:44 PM

Amoeba,

No, not that Dan Harrington. I was talking of another Dan Harrington. This guy plays Party Poker at the .50/1.00 limit. He is a 19yr old from California who likes to play after 11pm when his nagging mom has gone up to bed. [He promised her that he would apply for the Walmart stock boy job (tomorrow!), but she doesn't believe him.] Anyway, he wrote a fascinating poker book, which although not widely read, is a real page turner.

On page 36, in the Chapter labeled POT, he suggests betting half the pot and then smoking the rest.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:46 PM

what the?

I don't get it.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:49 PM

Its so board specific.

If I raised preflop out of position and have only 1-2 callers, I'm going to make a continuation bet 90% of the time regardless of the flop.

If I raise with pocket Jacks and an ace hits on the flop, I'll rerepresent the ace.

If I have AK and miss the flop, I'll represent a Pocket Pair.

I modify this depending on the other players and how I think my image is (have I been running good? do I have a good sized stack? Have I played a hand in a while? Have I shown mosters lately? etc.) at the moment.

Now, if I'm in in EP and I raise with pocket Jacks and the flop is AK8 and there's 4 others in the hand, I'm done with the hand.