Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Re: bank roll for multi-tabling SNGs

I can see the logic of what you're saying, but with no experience in the steps nor all that much experience in SNG's yet either, I feel particularly unqualified to say anything at all about the steps tourneys.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:23 PM

I definately agree there can be huge swings, I have taken about a 24 buy in swing at the 22s. I'm just the type that wants to play as high a level as i can, mainly because I am 20 and its not as important. But I understand where you are coming from and as always better safe than sorry.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:00 PM

What kind of a BR do you guys suggest for the 109s and 215s 4 tabling?
Old 06-06-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of a BR do you guys suggest for the 109s and 215s 4 tabling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is 6k ATM. Every Friday I figure out how much I won, withdraw half of it, and keep the other half in my BR.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry myth..
i review my HH when i get a chance.

but im not sure what you mean by not passing any edges.. will you go all in as a slight underdog but call because the pot odds justify it?

oh wait i know what you mean. because if you thought you had a bigger edge if you folded and played it out , you would fold..

alright GL.

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont have to [censored] by purposely mispronoucing my name twice. You arrogant prick. Last time I try to offer any solid advice to jackasses like you.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So lower bankroll for steps than regular sng's??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you could probably get by with a tiny bankroll of like $25,000 for the step 5's
Old 06-07-2005, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
100 seems excessive, if you can mentally take swings, I really think 50-60 is plenty. If you are losing 50 buy ins you probably arent a winning player, and if you are not by much.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have had 3 50+ buyin drops in my sng career, and im pretty sure that im a winning player. somewhere to the tune of 100% certain im a winning player. and it is by a bit more than much.

people dont realize the true magnitude of the swings a very solid, winning player can experience, especially one that plays around 500 a week multitabling for a living. i find it fairly interesting that people can say that the worst ootm streak they have ever had over 1k tourneys was 8, or the most buyins they dropped was 20. i have 8 ootm nearly every day. i drop 15-20 buyins in swings almost every day. that is part of multitabling sngs. they are streaky. im rambling a bit, and am about to pass out, yugo and greke are curled up next to each other in the bed, which is kinda funny, so im about to jump into my bed without another man. yay.

anyways, on a side note, get used to losing if you plan to play sngs for a living, or a lot for recreation even. you have to be able to stomach losing 5-10k in a couple days just because of variance. thats part of the game. 70% of this game is half mental. (in the wise words of yogi.)

holla