Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Top 2 on an unpaired rainbow flop against 2
I slowplay here sometimes. 35 44.30%
I'd never slowplay here. 44 55.70%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Average amount you make per hour? (edited

[ QUOTE ]
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't do this on polls that don't apply to everybody. Some of us want to see the results but can't answer since we don't play any of the limits that you listed, so you end up with people filling in bogus answers to see the results which skews everything.

EDIT: Also I am unsure whether bonuses/ rakeback are being included in the earn rates or not.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:13 PM

Me Siento, I didnt think of all that shat. All those who dont apply just vote for 1/2 under 6 like i did [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am unsure whether bonuses/ rakeback are being included in the earn rates or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't include rakeback in my decision, which adds an additional $15-$20/hr.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:28 PM

Dude - your avatar really freaks me out!
Old 06-03-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Average amount you make per hour?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I think you're idea is solid since it really alleviates most concerns about the resume gap. It actually should look good for the resume provided you get some legitimate consulting work and some future references from it.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's nice to hear that from you. Thanks. I will be doing legitimate work, and I already have some contacts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gather, from this and other threads, that the decision has been made. How come there hasn't been an "official" thread started?!? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I truly wish you the best of luck and keep us posted.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I think you're idea is solid since it really alleviates most concerns about the resume gap. It actually should look good for the resume provided you get some legitimate consulting work and some future references from it.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's nice to hear that from you. Thanks. I will be doing legitimate work, and I already have some contacts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gather, from this and other threads, that the decision has been made. How come there hasn't been an "official" thread started?!? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I truly wish you the best of luck and keep us posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to make an official post in about 2 weeks. Thanks. I'm also going to be updating a blog at that point. It will be in my profile here when it gets going.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2/4 - $70/hr

[/ QUOTE ]
This means you have a wr at ~3.3 BB/100 while 8 tabling 2/4 at? Awsome dude!
Old 06-03-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2/4 - $70/hr

[/ QUOTE ]
This means you have a wr at ~3.3 BB/100 while 8 tabling 2/4 at? Awsome dude!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick:

I've got about 40K hands at 2/4, however, half of those were playing 4 tables instead of 8 tables. But, I'm at like 3.5 for both of those 20K sections. However, as Cheif mentioned, I do believe extended periods of time 40+ hours/wk will have an impact on that winrate. The question is, how large will the impact be. I think only time will tell.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:04 PM

I also want to add that I'm a bottom feeder. Again, we've had lots of discussions on this before, but that winrate may look impressive to some, but I'm shooting fish in a barrel. I used the basketball illustration some time ago. Averaging a triple double for the season can sound impressive until someone lets you know that the person doing that is a 30 year old basketball player playing in a 6th grade basketball league.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also want to add that I'm a bottom feeder. Again, we've had lots of discussions on this before, but that winrate may look impressive to some, but I'm shooting fish in a barrel. I used the basketball illustration some time ago. Averaging a triple double for the season can sound impressive until someone lets you know that the person doing that is a 30 year old basketball player playing in a 6th grade basketball league.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL! I agree your wr will probably drop when playing 40h/week, how much is depending on your ability to focus and your discipline. Your wr is still awsome though! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I also want to add that I'm a bottom feeder.

[/ QUOTE ]
This brings me to the subject of table selection. Do you use PE? I use Player Viewer and PT. But when I play 3/6 it feels like I put more effort in selecting tables than on playing my hands well. I'm sure this increaes my winrate, but I don't play poker to become a professional table selectioner. Is it better to use PE?