Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 09:22 AM

Default Re: I\'m not angry...just content that this person will always be stupi

[ QUOTE ]
So deposit another 150 bucks or whatever. It's a no brainer if you wanna take this at all seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it very seriously. I just don't give a hoot on what's the recommended method. I go by my own book in this case. If you want to see my play there, then feel free to give me the 150 bucks. As for myself, I have an agreement with myself that I will never deposit any more money than the original $50 I started with.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:24 AM

Default Re: I\'m not angry...just content that this person will always be stupid

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pleased to say that it was my dying mission to conserve what little chips I had and stay in the tourney longer than the idiot. To no one's surprise I managed to do that easily as the fool busted out pretty early.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great! How much more money than him did you win?

[ QUOTE ]

I managed to hang in there until there were 5 left. Then I got shut down when the SB raised me enough to put me all in. I had KJo and figured, what the hell I came this far, let me double it up again.

His JTs beat me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent!

People complained that you were giving a bad beat story, so you answered by giving another one.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the contrary, this wasn't a bad beat story at all. My goal after my first hit was to stay in longer than the other person. I let her know that too, so when she busted out first, my goal was complete. It wasn't about placing in the money anymore at that point.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Meh! (at last, a chance to use \'meh\' in a post)

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2005, 09:34 AM

Default Re: I\'m not angry...just content that this person will always be stupid

[ QUOTE ]
On the contrary, this wasn't a bad beat story at all. My goal after my first hit was to stay in longer than the other person. I let her know that too

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate you
Old 06-03-2005, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My goal after my first hit was to stay in longer than the other person. I let her know that too, so when she busted out first, my goal was complete. It wasn't about placing in the money anymore at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tilt much?

I am with Citanul here. Crawl under a porch and die.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:46 AM

Why is everyone tapping the glass?
Old 06-03-2005, 10:52 AM

Everyone, just wait a minute. I mean yeah, he's posting bad beats and all, but I think everyone missed the Gem hidden here that might jus change the entire way SnGs are played. Look at this:
[ QUOTE ]
My goal was to stay in longer than the other person.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHOA! Is this not the final answer in the quest for SnG strategy? After reading and applying this to your game, is there anything else learn?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone, just wait a minute. I mean yeah, he's posting bad beats and all, but I think everyone missed the Gem hidden here that might jus change the entire way SnGs are played. Look at this:
[ QUOTE ]
My goal was to stay in longer than the other person.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHOA! Is this not the final answer in the quest for SnG strategy? After reading and applying this to your game, is there anything else learn?

[/ QUOTE ]

My goal was simply as it was. It's not part of my grand scheme for an SnG strategy. I was pleased by the simple fact that I survived a near bust out bad beat and survived it to see the fish bust out before me. It was quite hilarious actually. Sure it would have been great to win the whole thing or even place in the money, but I'm going to find my victory despite the ultimate financial result.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the contrary, this wasn't a bad beat story at all. My goal after my first hit was to stay in longer than the other person. I let her know that too

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate you

[/ QUOTE ]

You only hate what you have percieved to hate. It's not me that you hate, it's your own imaginative view of me that you have decided to hate. Furthermore, why give me so much of your emotion? Am I that important to you to release such an emotion?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My goal after my first hit was to stay in longer than the other person. I let her know that too, so when she busted out first, my goal was complete. It wasn't about placing in the money anymore at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tilt much?

I am with Citanul here. Crawl under a porch and die.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I ever tilt. I stop playing. That's something I learned awhile back and endured plenty of swings to understand. Even if I'm pissed and not yet tilted, I'll take a break, then come back with a fresh head.

As far as dying under a porch, that would be pretty tough for me. I don't jive on enclosed spaces.