Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: A hand with me and Jaran

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As Kc 91 10.08 805 89.15 7 0.78 0.103

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute -- the other dude went to showdown with an unimproved AK!? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta love party, doncha? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-Jaran
Old 06-02-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait a minute -- the other dude went to showdown with an unimproved AK!? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He had a Backdoor Straight Draw on the river, gotta call with that..
Old 06-02-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Firefly is MP1 with Two Cards
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Jaran raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Firefly 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Jaran caps</font>, Firefly calls, MP2 calls, BB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

EP raiser, tight/aggressive I'm assuming (heh). AA-99, ATs+,KQ, perhaps.
MP re-raiser, raising an EP raiser, AA-JJ,AQs+,AK ... don't mind isolating with making it 3-bets to everyone... maybe off-suit broadway or high pair.
EP capper, hmm, definitely thinking AA-QQ, AKs now.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (16.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Jaran bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Firefly raises</font>, MP2 calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Jaran 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Firefly caps</font>, MP2 calls, UTG+1 calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Super-connected board. Raises can be for value for flush-draws, OESD draws, or high pairs. Doesn't really narrow it down too much, although I expect someone to have a JJ, and the OESD on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (14.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Jaran checks, <font color="#CC3333">Firefly bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Jaran raises</font>, Firefly calls, MP2 calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

A double-completer. Completes the straight and the flush. Jaran checks since Firefly showed the last aggression... Firefly bets his JJ, and Jaran raises his AK[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[ QUOTE ]
River: (20.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Jaran bets</font>, Firefly calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 23.25 BB

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-02-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jaran = A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Firefly = JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, that's what I said... co-worker came in while I was composing so it took forever to finish it.

Oh well.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:29 PM

Pre-flop: Jaren on a fat PP (AA/KK/QQ); Firefly on the same plus some lower PPs (JJ/TT) and some big broadway cards (AK/AQs; KQs).

Flop: Almost certainly looks like overpairs for both of you. Jaren could hold A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] now (but that would be weird to cap pre-flop, but not batshit insane), whereas I seriously doubt Firefly has that (why peace people out on a flush draw?). I'm starting to lean torward TT for Firefly, since I'm almost certain that I'm up against a big PP (with a sane villan capping) and wouldn't be confident that I was ahead unless I spiked a set.

Turn: Jaren still repping either the high overpair or A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Now a set for Firefly looks less likely, but I do not know how far Jaren would push AA on this board... maybe moreso than usual, because he knows he is ahead of the vast majority of 3-betting hands here. I doubt Firefly has JJ, as he probably would have popped one more off turning the straight.

Addition: How did I miss that checkraise? He himself might have JJ (I'll randomly cap JJ pre-flop and hate myself for doing it), but the most obvious hand here seems to be A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] now.

River: Firefly doesn't have TT or boom the dynamite would have gone. Jaren's range does not change a bit.

-K