Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: KTs Should I have played this differently?

Preflop Fold unless Mp1 has loose raising standards.

I like the flop, with 14undiscounted outs to T2P,FD,Trips your in a strong position.

Not sure i raise, Not sure what i want: Keep customers Or narrow down the field.

ANyhow i'd say Flop/Turn/River fine - Glad your outs popped up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2005, 01:01 PM

Am I missing something here? He called the raise w/K10s after he had posted. Isnt this different from cold calling? The starting hand chart referenced in the micro limit guide lines says to call a raise from the BB w/K10s. Isnt this basically the same situation only perhaps slightly better?
Old 06-02-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I missing something here? He called the raise w/K10s after he had posted. Isnt this different from cold calling? The starting hand chart referenced in the micro limit guide lines says to call a raise from the BB w/K10s. Isnt this basically the same situation only perhaps slightly better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. CO is the one who posted, not Hero. Hero is in middle position.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:35 PM

I think in a loose passive game the preflop call was ok cause you expect to have enough people to pay for your draws. The preflop fold is the only thing I would think about, but on that kind of table I think you played it well. The pot's big enough that I would probably even call down if the river got 3 bet. So bet/raise the river.
Other than that avoid getting in with to many of those hands in that position makes for tough calls against opponents who (at that level) are hard to read because they're not really thinking.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:42 PM

You definitely should not cold-call a raise PF with K10s. The way the hand played out raising the flop was good. You have a strong draw and probably already have the best hand. Play the turn the same way and lead the river.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:44 PM

I felt okay about playing the hand, especially since I felt like almost anything would be played and raised. Although I understand why it wasn't the best decision.

If my logic for my choices is flawed, please tell me. When the T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fell on the flop, I raised to try to protect my hand. I had just reread that section in SSH and I think it fit well. I had middle pair, so I thought raising would indicate a stronger hand, especially after I had coldcalled preflop. I also had a four flush and I felt those outs were strong. Maybe by raising I would force out folks playing things like Ace-deuce. My intent was to narrow the field and protect my pair on the chance that no more spades fell.

The River UTG+2 checks, Hero bets, UTG+2 calls and shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]