Default Re: Qiutting your job in style

Obviously, you've never been to Vegas.

By drinks, I meant dances.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:17 PM

It doesnt get any better than scene in "Half baked"
Old 06-03-2005, 01:26 PM

I had a boss who was a completely incompetent. Long story short he had put me in a position where I was unable to collect on various bonuses. In addition, he failed to follow through on a few deals I had put right in his lap--he was a total moron.

So, I stopped answering his calls. After four days I call him back and he wants to meet--we all telecommute. He tells me that he has fired people for less than what I did. I tell him "I have quit for less" and walk out of the room.

PWNED!
Old 06-03-2005, 03:52 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
If you have something to say to someone, say it. Waiting until your safely hidden away (i.e. you quit) is just spineless. If you don't like your job, make it better or leave. Sitting there for however long, taking abuse and then leaving "in style" is nothing to be proud of

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I'm damn happy about how I left my last job.

Depending on one's situation, leaving isn't always that easy. Especially if there isn't anything really available that is comparable to switch into. This was the case in many jobs from (apprx)2000-2004.

Be thankful you've never really been in the situation. It sucks. However, I do agree that one should be looking elsewhere while they're working if the place sucks. Not waiting until you have nothing to go to isn't really that smart.

b
Old 06-03-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, you've never been to Vegas.

By drinks, I meant dances.

[/ QUOTE ]

So pokerjo is going...

-d
Old 06-03-2005, 04:14 PM

I got lit because a bunch of people bought me Jack shots at lunch. I went back, poured water all over my face and went around to everyone's desks pretending to cry and give tearful goodbyes with my tear-soaked face. I sent out an email company-wide telling everyone that most of them were cool and great to work with, but a few of them were jackasses who should work on that a little. Then I put "You're the Best" from the end of Karate Kid on blast, and dialed in the intercom and left it playing as I walked out doing the double-fist pump thing.

Someone took a pic of my fake-crying face and made a poster to hang behind their desk. I loved that place until I had to quit.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then I put "You're the Best" from the end of Karate Kid on blast, and dialed in the intercom and left it playing as I walked out doing the double-fist pump thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good work sir!
Old 06-03-2005, 08:56 PM

my friend and i used to work at a movie theatre. we were 15-16 at the time and making i think 5.50/hr. after about a year he got real pissed off at something (cant remember) and decided he was quitting right then. he was "taking tickets" at the time, just standing at a booth ripping ticket stubs for people. he waited until it got busy in the lobby, then he took off his work shirt and put it on the booth, so that it looked like the booth was wearing it. then he just snuck out the back door.