Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Bad Question

Small Minds focus on small things.

I multi task. I play poker online 4-12 hours a day and I frequent 2+2 and make posts while I play poker. If a particular hand distracts me where I make a grammatical error then so be it. Making money is my first priority. Perfect posts are secondary.

Enjoy your petty small-minded 'victory' over my grammatical errors.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:06 AM

It is not disputed that 100 prisoners have died in U.S. custody.
I would have to know the number of prisoners and the average prisoner death rate in US prisons before I would raise an eybrow over this.

It is not disputed that Gitmo has been open for 3 years and that prisoners have been held that long without any trial.
Why should they get trials? They were caught shooting at Americans, murdering civilians etc... After we captured Nazis did we give them trials. Answer: No, we held them for as LONG as we had to.

It is not disputed that there has been abuse.
True, some of the so called 'abuse' was pretty lame stuff.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To even pose the question whether Gitmo should be closed you have to believe the news stories are credible.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? that's a ridiclus statement, based on an implied assumption that there is nothing fundamentally wrong with our nation operating a secretive offshore prison and interrogation center with zero disclosure or oversight.

[ QUOTE ]
Should these human debris be released so they can start killing again? Please! We need to take away ALL Korans the prisoners have at Gitmo. An act of kindness and respect is being used to attack the USA through blanted lies and propaganda. Take away they Korans and we take away one of their #1 propganda tool. By the way, this is a sterotype but it seems to me Muslims have the highest percentage of liars than any other culture. E.g. we have Muslims teaching their children that Jews kill Palestinian children and use their blood to make bread. Jeez. Those muslims have to be very stupid to tell that lie and even MORE stupid to believe it. Their lies about Korans being flushed does justice to their reputation as the worlds most prolific liars in the world....

[/ QUOTE ]

...because everyone that doesn't get in line and support unnecesarily draconian tactics in the war on terror must be liars that hate freedom, right felix? i can't believe how angry and acidic your posts have become.. fer god's sake, man.

[ QUOTE ]
this is a sterotype but it seems to me Muslims have the highest percentage of liars than any other culture.

[/ QUOTE ]

that IS a stereotype, and a very revealing one. listen: go to hell, you bigoted k-hole.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After we captured Nazis did we give them trials. Answer: No, we held them for as LONG as we had to.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, it's apples and oarnges, but you're still shockingly misinformed.

NUREMBURG! unbelievable...
Old 06-02-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why should they get trials? They were caught shooting at Americans, murdering civilians etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you think that (unless the "etc." includes a WHOLE lot of things unrelated to shooting Americans and murdering civilians)? Even if they were "caught" murdering civilians, we "catch" murderers all the time and still give them full and fair trials.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:49 AM

go to hell, you bigoted k-hole.
I concede that I am bigoted against the muslim 'CULTURE'.
I see little to respect. I find them a sick and decadent culture.

If all the children in the muslim world were removed from their parents and raised by normal people in a decent culture, the world would be a better place. As things go now, their children are raised in hate factories (they call them schools) where they learn that killing infidels is a good thing to do. Is it any surprise they grow up so twisted?

I noticed your were unable to address the issue where muslims teach their children that Jews kill Palestinian children and use their blood to make bread. And you call *ME* a bigot. LOL [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2005, 12:53 AM

NUREMBURG!
True, but there was no set trial date.
We held these prisoners for as long as we had to. In the case on WW2, it was after the surrender of Japan. So perhaps after Al Queda 'surrenders' then we can start the trials. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do even pose the question whether Gitmo should be closed you have to believe the news stories are credible.

[/ QUOTE ]It is not disputed that 100 prisoners have died in U.S. custody. It is not disputed that Gitmo has been open for 3 years and that prisoners have been held that long without any trial. It is not disputed that there has been abuse.

That alone is enough to disturb me greatly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dispute that 100 prisoners have died in US custody.
Would you please provide your source ???
Old 06-02-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Can anyone make a strong case for Gitmo?

[ QUOTE ]
Call them unlawful enemy combatants or any other term you want to use. It doesnt change a damn thing and it doesnt make what the Bush Administration is doing right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure that in some cases it's not right. However, mistakes do happen, innocent people have been put to death after being wrongly convicted at trial.

[ QUOTE ]
Additionally, the Bush adminstration has confined prisoners who are not enemy combatants and who were wrongly accused. How do we protect their rights or dont we care?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I wish that it weren't the case that mistakes were made. I wish that every person in Gitmo deserves to be there. I wish that everyone was 100% healthy and everyone has 2 kittens. Really, there are GOING to be mistakes. We should STRIVE to prevent mistakes, but they will happen. Don't get me wrong, I am playing Devil's Advocate here. I don't agree with a lot of what has gone on in Gitmo and AG. However, I think that the administration is making a good faith effort to try and minimize problems. I might be naieve in that assumption, but so be it. I do not like it when an innocent man is held captive for any reason.

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to convict someone then freakin convict them. It would be quite easy to hold fair trials with independent oversite without jeapordizing national security interests.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not entirely true. There are probably more than a couple people being held at Gitmo that we cannot bring to trial specifically because that trial would jeopordize national security interests. The problem is that in ANY trial that has "independent oversite" there is a very real risk of having sensative information leaked.

[ QUOTE ]
You are not troubled that potentially innocent men have been locked up for 3 years without a fair trial? You dont think that is torture?

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally have a problem with that. However, no, I don't think its torture, I think its unfortunate.

The point is, there is a reason for Gitmo.

Are there mistakes that have been made? Yes. However, no one is perfect, not even me (for Kurto the Clown).
Old 06-02-2005, 01:31 AM

I'm sorry, I don't understand the debate.

If the debate's about keeping a base at GITMO, then I support the base.

If it's about torture, I don't like tortue. However, I do believe the times dictate the means....