Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 08:46 AM

Default Re: How much harder are the higher Sit N\' Gos?

I guess it helps to be on a heater too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Ignoring your ITM% figures, the reasons you give are very much why i prefer 1500 chip games over the 800 chip ones.

I cant judge the 1000 chip ones, and i want to make it clear im not saying party is anywhere near unprofitable.

Horses for courses.

Phill
Old 05-27-2005, 09:34 AM

All my comments are for Party.

I think the 55 play a lot more like the 109 than the 215 play like the 109. In May alone I have played hundreds of 55 and 109s simultaneously. They are not that different.

But, I have only played 50 215 so maybe I don't have enough experience to make a valid comparison.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:43 AM

About the 22s... seriously, they're ludicrously easy.

One more time... say it with me... just because there are a lot of players left late does not mean they are good. Thank you. Never disagree with me.

In a mix of 4 tabling and 8 tabling my ROI is over 30% at the 22s, not for enough SNGS that it will stay there, but it is very good. I was planning on learning to 8 table at the 22s and they have been so good and so easy I haven't moved up. I have not found any people who I could tell really knew what they're doing. There are people who think they do, and they generally play horribly.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:58 AM

My roi in the 11s is 22%, my roi in the 22s (through only 100 of them) is -11%. The play seems almost the exact same, yet my results don't show that at all.

I've played hundreds of 11s but have only been taking shots at the 22s as my br permits. I'm hoping through my first 100 22s i've just been on a horrible downswing.

How likely is it for someone to be a proven winning player at the 11s (anywhere from 10-20% roi) and then at the 22s lose so badly over their first 100?
Old 05-27-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
About the 22s... seriously, they're ludicrously easy.

One more time... say it with me... just because there are a lot of players left late does not mean they are good. Thank you. Never disagree with me.

In a mix of 4 tabling and 8 tabling my ROI is over 30% at the 22s, not for enough SNGS that it will stay there, but it is very good. I was planning on learning to 8 table at the 22s and they have been so good and so easy I haven't moved up. I have not found any people who I could tell really knew what they're doing. There are people who think they do, and they generally play horribly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about to say this. You might find 1 or 2 more players around b/c there arent as many maniacs that go all in on level 1 with 66 but other than that they are still terrible on the bubble. People are still trying to just fold into the money once they get a decent stack.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
55 and 109 play almost identical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Baloney.

eastbay
Old 05-27-2005, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For me the 22's are harder than the 11's for the same reason stated before...their is a bit more understanding of bubble play, hence more aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of like this aggression in the 22's. It means my aggression is generally more respected too, and I can steal more blinds. Stealing blinds seems harder in the 5's and 10's, because people don't understand the gap concept, love to make spite calls, and just really want to play their cards and not be cheated out of a showdown. Sometimes in the 10's you find someone to exploit who is just too new to understand the importance of blinds, so he lets you steal his all the time, but that doesn't seem to happen all that often; usually it's more like what I described -- people are looking or a reason, ANY reason, to call, and so you have to be prepared to showdown a lot of your pushes, which often means you can't steal quite as much as you'd like to without running a very high risk of getting caught, even by people holding crap, even if you haven't raised a single hand all game.

Anyway, I don't mind folding to people's steals in a game where they also fold to mine.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My roi in the 11s is 22%, my roi in the 22s (through only 100 of them) is -11%. The play seems almost the exact same, yet my results don't show that at all.

I've played hundreds of 11s but have only been taking shots at the 22s as my br permits. I'm hoping through my first 100 22s i've just been on a horrible downswing.

How likely is it for someone to be a proven winning player at the 11s (anywhere from 10-20% roi) and then at the 22s lose so badly over their first 100?

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter who you are or how you're doing, it's gotta be -- not too unlikely. 100 is a joke of a number for drawing conclusions, really. It sounds pointlessly repetitive to keep talking about sample sizes, but you can't get away from the truth of it -- they need to be pretty big. At that size, questioning your play as play in itself, not according to numbers, is where it's at.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree with you, I do think the more players left late, the more difficult it becomes to advance. Would anyone argue otherwise?

On a side, and this is purely anecdotal, if you run a bunch of players through Poker Prophecy, most of them show a dip in their $20+2 ITM numbers. I have no idea why this is, and I might just be seeing a pattern that isn't there, but it seems kind of odd to me.

They end up looking something like this:
5: 38%
10: 35%
20: 22%
30: 34%
50: 32%

Yes, small sample size- but seems fairly consistent.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a 22% roi at the 11s you should be able to beat the 22s. its only 100 sngs, think about it, turning two 4ths into firsts (not unreasonable, i do this all the time from pushing with a small edge and losing a 60 40 in a 4000 chip pot) and your even.

keep taking shots and posting hands, you will get to know the game better and have a better idea of where you stand the more you play and post.