Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: A new \"Miscellaneous Stats Tab\" post . . .

[ QUOTE ]
If I remember right your previous stats post--like 2-3 weeks ago? had you going to showdown almost 43-44% of the time.

You said you felt like that was a problem and wondered if it was all going to come crashing down.

That was you right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite -- I was going to showdown 40% of the time, but had an SD of 20.5, and wonder whether it was all going to come crashing down.

Not quite a complete crash, but definitely getting scary!
Old 05-25-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Sure, screen included.

Sure, here you go, the sample size has grown a bit:

Hands in May: 23,207
Went to showdown: 37.02
Won at showdown: 56.29
VPIP: 25.35

If you want my humble opinion, this is not at all scientific what so ever. I believe that going to showdown over 39 is probably wrong. Take this with a grain of salt, but it just seems at that point you are missing easy folds. Anyway....

Here is my misc tab. Actually in march/april you did better with 2 pair too! The major numbers to pay attention to is how many times I "could have" had it. Does that mean you extra 4 or 5 VPIP allow you to tap in to so many big hands? Wish someone could make sense of our 2 tabs, because they are quite different and I am wondering if the first major difference is how loose you are. The second screen shows the tab with me clicking "show hands not folded" and you have 2x as many hands! In fact my 2nd screen looks like your May screen and the profit is dramatically different. Maybe Krish can make some sense of this.

-------- MISC TAB -----------

Old 05-25-2005, 01:34 PM

Holy crap are our stats different! You play fewer hands and go to showdown less with them, I play more and go to showdown more often with my junk. Just the difference between "high card" and "one pair" . . . wow, wow, wow.

I have no idea how to make sense of it, but there's definitely something meaningful here. What was your BB/100 over this stretch?
Old 05-25-2005, 01:37 PM

Yeah holy crap is right. Over that stretch its 1.5bb/100. Another thing to keep in mind is that I 4 table. I know for a fact that I don't play optimally. I have done way better with 2 (over a small sample), but am sort of bored with 3.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:46 PM

What's your W$SF (win % when seeing flop)?
Old 05-25-2005, 01:47 PM

Won when saw flop: 40.29
Old 05-25-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy crap are our stats different! You play fewer hands and go to showdown less with them, I play more and go to showdown more often with my junk. Just the difference between "high card" and "one pair" . . . wow, wow, wow.

I have no idea how to make sense of it, but there's definitely something meaningful here. What was your BB/100 over this stretch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, here is the answer to your question. The sample size is too small. You can't use the misc tab to become a better poker player. The stats there take too long to converge to reasonably judge after a few K hands. The variance due to standard deviation is far larger (I'm guessing here) than the deviation due to playing differences.

There are a lot of ways to slice your game.

You can look at it from a More Detail perspective. Try and align your stats with winners and figure out the correct agression range. The standard deviation on some of these pieces of data are quite low.

You can look at it from a blind defense/steal point of view. Again stat align while posting borderline steals/defends and thinking about steal/defense within the context of your game.

You can look at it from an individual hand perspective. Determine the reasons why a particular line is correct and learn to apply all the things you've learned to new situations. (My favorite)

What your doing is only good to tell if you are running well or bad. I don't think substantive game changes are necessary based on the information you are looking at. You just asked someone what their BB/100 was over 22K hands. If it was -4 would that effect the way you view these stats? +4? Because I don't think it matters at all.

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea how to make sense of it, but there's definitely something meaningful here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely am not sure about this. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Krishan
Old 05-25-2005, 01:51 PM

Hmmm yeah...well I thought so as much. At least that is why I theorized that Gris was running hot and I was not running sort of cold. That is why I kind of avoided posting those stats in the first place.

I remember Krish, you were figuring out the proper number of big hands to determine if one is running well or not. Could you tell from our 2 screens which one of us is running better or worse than normal?
Old 05-25-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Won when saw flop: 40.29

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is 44%. Pound, pound, pound [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. No wonder my SD is 20.5.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:55 PM

Oh wtf! You either really do POUND POUND and take down pots with more frequency and vigor or were on a wacko good run. I am thinking the latter.

Never once during 10/20 did I ever say...wow I am seriously getting lucky over and over. My biggest "luck" stretch must have been no more than 2 or 3k hands.