Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: I actually like Sklansky!

Where do you think your worst spot might be? I'd guess PL Omaha vs Farha.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where do you think your worst spot might be? I'd guess PL Omaha vs Farha.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this
Old 05-20-2005, 10:16 PM

That's my guess too, considering Farha is "so good that we (the regulars in the big game) only play Omaha with him in mixed-games."
Old 05-20-2005, 10:55 PM

Default PLEASE read this Daniel.

[ QUOTE ]
Mr.Malmuth has said it himself, "Daniel will be an underdog in almost all of the matches he plays." You heard it here folks, Mr.Malmuth has stepped out and made his claim... is he willing to back it up with some greenbacks? Inquiring minds want to know. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if this comes off in my posts, but I actually like David. I think he is a sharp guy and I recommend his books to people all the time. He also makes me laugh on a regular basis, he can be pretty funny.

As for playing him heads up, I don't really care if I play him at all. When I made the open challenge I honestly never thought of players like David. I assumed I'd get action from Barry, Chan, Ivey, and several others, but I never thought David would want to play.

Then when I read, or 'misread' his counter offer depending how you want to look at it, I was a little surprised.

To me it came off like David was sorta, kinda, trying to make it look like he was accepting the challenge, but in fact the game that he came up with had little to do with the open challenge I made.

So I decided to call him out on that to see if he was for real. I would have preferred it if David simply said, "No, I'm not interested" rather than quasi except the challenge. It felt a little bit like he was trying to squirm his way out of it.

Anyway, that's all over with now. As I said I really do like David and think he has done a great deal of good in the poker world.

<font color="red"> </font> .

As for my heads up matches they are still a go. Barry Greenstein, Joe Cassidy, Eli Elezra, Mimi Tran, Johnny Chan, Lyle Berman, and Sammy Farha have all expressed legitimate interest in playing so I'll continue to update the progress of those matches.

Oh, and duh, of course that's good for the room! I don't in any way feel like there is anything wrong with me playing these matches at the Wynn to create a buzz. As I said in a previous post it's fun for me, good for the game, a good learning experience, and finally the matches do create significant buzz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason made a huge mistake and put Sklansky in a tough position. Negreanu put Sklansky in a tough position but Mason's comments triggered Negreanu to post this in 2+2. I came up with this conclusion because of your follow up post, Daniel. What you should do Daniel, in my opinion, is bet big against Mason and play Sklansky in PRIVATE for $1000 dollars. Some people might think that whoever wins this challenge will be the best player which in my opinion is nonsense. Which is why this should be in private. My 2 cents. Read all my posts. I come up with wierd conlcusions.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Daniel, who was that man you hugged BEFORE hugging your mom?

Daniel, about a month ago on Travel Channel's WPT event,
can't remember where the game was held.....right after winning another million bucks or so, you immediately made
your way to the grandstands and hugged a man....then hugged
your mom.

I know, I know, I know.....it should'nt but it does!

It bugs the hell out of me!?!.....who was that guy??????
Old 05-20-2005, 11:19 PM

Hi Everyone:

Negreanu wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
As for Mason, well I have no positive vibes about him and never have. He has the warmth of a snow pea and I don't ever see us "getting along" as we have absolutely nothing in common. He's a strange dude and it's a little creepy being around him if you want to know the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

This needs to be clarified. Negreanu implies that he knows me fairly well. We have only spoken briefly on a couple of occasions, and have never spent any time around each other.

Best wishes,
mason
Old 05-20-2005, 11:35 PM

Mason,

You are still a very goofy bastard. I remember when you got all bent out of shape in the past when someone suggested that you drove a used car - you assured us all any car Mason steps into is brand new.

And btw, go to www.amazon.com and buy this book "The Complete Idiots Guide to Creating a Small Publishing Company".

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

Negreanu wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
As for Mason, well I have no positive vibes about him and never have. He has the warmth of a snow pea and I don't ever see us "getting along" as we have absolutely nothing in common. He's a strange dude and it's a little creepy being around him if you want to know the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

This needs to be clarified. Negreanu implies that he knows me fairly well. We have only spoken briefly on a couple of occasions, and have never spent any time around each other.

Best wishes,
mason

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-20-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: PLEASE read this Daniel.

Simply put:

David's ego is writing checks his body can't cash.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mr.Malmuth has said it himself, "Daniel will be an underdog in almost all of the matches he plays." You heard it here folks, Mr.Malmuth has stepped out and made his claim... is he willing to back it up with some greenbacks? Inquiring minds want to know. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if this comes off in my posts, but I actually like David. I think he is a sharp guy and I recommend his books to people all the time. He also makes me laugh on a regular basis, he can be pretty funny.

As for playing him heads up, I don't really care if I play him at all. When I made the open challenge I honestly never thought of players like David. I assumed I'd get action from Barry, Chan, Ivey, and several others, but I never thought David would want to play.

Then when I read, or 'misread' his counter offer depending how you want to look at it, I was a little surprised.

To me it came off like David was sorta, kinda, trying to make it look like he was accepting the challenge, but in fact the game that he came up with had little to do with the open challenge I made.

So I decided to call him out on that to see if he was for real. I would have preferred it if David simply said, "No, I'm not interested" rather than quasi except the challenge. It felt a little bit like he was trying to squirm his way out of it.

Anyway, that's all over with now. As I said I really do like David and think he has done a great deal of good in the poker world.

As for my heads up matches they are still a go. Barry Greenstein, Joe Cassidy, Eli Elezra, Mimi Tran, Johnny Chan, Lyle Berman, and Sammy Farha have all expressed legitimate interest in playing so I'll continue to update the progress of those matches.

Oh, and duh, of course that's good for the room! I don't in any way feel like there is anything wrong with me playing these matches at the Wynn to create a buzz. As I said in a previous post it's fun for me, good for the game, a good learning experience, and finally the matches do create significant buzz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason made a huge mistake and put Sklansky in a tough position. Negreanu put Sklansky in a tough position but Mason's comments triggered Negreanu to post this in 2+2. I came up with this conclusion because of your follow up post, Daniel. What you should do Daniel, in my opinion, is bet big against Mason and play Sklansky in PRIVATE for $1000 dollars. Some people might think that whoever wins this challenge will be the best player which in my opinion is nonsense. Which is why this should be in private. My 2 cents. Read all my posts. I come up with wierd conlcusions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-20-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

Negreanu wrote:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best wishes,
mason

[/ QUOTE ]

It means he got a bad first impression and nothing changed it very much.

I like you.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: PLEASE read this Daniel.

[ QUOTE ]
Simply put:

David's ego is writing checks his body can't cash.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't know this for fact. This is your own conclusion.