Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Negreanu strikes again!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
does daniel always talk like that? he sounds like a high school drop-out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he was a HS dropout.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Pissing Match

I have to weigh in on this pissing match between Daniel and David. My opinion of both of them has been dramatically reduced by this entire fiasco. I have no idea why Daniel is so fired up about this thing. Either he has been reading too much of his fanmail or he has some agenda here. Either way he is taking the low road. For a guy who can be considered the best poker player in the past 2-3 years it seems foolish on his part.

On David I have to say that he just seems to be full of hot air. He should stick to talking about poker instead of playing poker because he doesnt seem to have the stones for it. All this stuff about 5-4 being close to equal is laughable. Heck I would probably take 5-4 odds with Negraneau if I had the cash. What exactly does that prove?

Bottom line - Either put up or shut up IMO.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Pissing Match

what kind of history/tiff did DN have with DS while moving up the ranks?
Old 05-20-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Pissing Match

[ QUOTE ]
I have to weigh in on this pissing match between Daniel and David. My opinion of both of them has been dramatically reduced by this entire fiasco. I have no idea why Daniel is so fired up about this thing. Either he has been reading too much of his fanmail or he has some agenda here. Either way he is taking the low road. For a guy who can be considered the best poker player in the past 2-3 years it seems foolish on his part.

On David I have to say that he just seems to be full of hot air. He should stick to talking about poker instead of playing poker because he doesnt seem to have the stones for it. All this stuff about 5-4 being close to equal is laughable. Heck I would probably take 5-4 odds with Negraneau if I had the cash. What exactly does that prove?

Bottom line - Either put up or shut up IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-20-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how can a HS dropout write for cardplayer?
Old 05-20-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you read Cardplayer? I thought being a High School dropout was a requirement now.

RZ
Old 05-20-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you read Cardplayer? I thought being a High School dropout was a requirement now.

RZ

[/ QUOTE ]

really? are they handing out applications? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whoa why is there so much animosity between the two. Daniel hardly seems like a guy who holds such a strong grudge. What's their history?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this is entirely consistent with DN's network behavior. Seems like every other time he's opening his virtual mouth on the 'net, he's trashing someone else.

And of course, since this whole thing is just a schoolyard spat, DN's just assuming that if he shouts "I Dare You!" loudly enough and long enough, that the schoolyard peer pressure will force DS to take him up on the dare.

Which still just seems silly to me. Like I said: Might as well put $100K on black at the roulette wheel. Even if the house was paying fair odds, it'd just be a silly thing to do.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whoa why is there so much animosity between the two. Daniel hardly seems like a guy who holds such a strong grudge. What's their history?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this is entirely consistent with DN's network behavior. Seems like every other time he's opening his virtual mouth on the 'net, he's trashing someone else.

And of course, since this whole thing is just a schoolyard spat, DN's just assuming that if he shouts "I Dare You!" loudly enough and long enough, that the schoolyard peer pressure will force DS to take him up on the dare.

Which still just seems silly to me. Like I said: Might as well put $100K on black at the roulette wheel. Even if the house was paying fair odds, it'd just be a silly thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

let me rephrase, DN doesn't seem to be one that holds a grudge for no reason. His other major tiff was with Annie Duke some time ago. I did once sit on the table with AD and in the hour I was there she was a very hard person to like. DN has always seemed like a straight shooter
Old 05-20-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David,

This whole fiasco is making your look really small. If the general point of you posting on 2+2 is to promote the company and your own books, your doing a disservice to yourself. It's gotten to a point where you look like the guy who says he doesn't want to fight because it's against his religon.

It doesn't matter any more what you actually said or what you actually intended to say. While Nagreanu is out actually playing for $500,000, you look like you're trying to manipulate circumstances to avoid playing for 1/10th that.

Negreanu goaded you into this exchange. But, you shouldn't have allowed it. It should have been a simple matter for you to simply decline and move on. Mason did it. I don't kow why you couldn't.

All this negotiating about getting odds and playing for substantially less than anybody else who will play Negreanu can only hurt your reputation.

[/ QUOTE ]

in the immortal words of Mason Malmuth:
[ QUOTE ]
nothing else needs to be said.

[/ QUOTE ]

it does'nt even make sense to scrounge over what odds are laid to you when the amount you're saying you'd play for is not an amount that Daniel would even wipe his Romanian culo with. either get with the program at the suggested stakes or respectfully decline.