Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Interesting 30/60 hand

[ QUOTE ]
I think the river bet is what we call a bluff... That is to say it's not important what happens when we are called, but how often we are called.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you want to bluff into 2 people who called your turn bet and a blank fell.

you're hoping both of them are drawing and nobody is playing a pair passively. i think thats a poor bluff imo. check and hope. maybe call the lags bet.

-Barron
Old 05-21-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Interesting 30/60 hand

If you really want to sell the 10 on the turn, checkraise. The checkraise should fold a better ace the majority of the time and may even fold pairs or overpairs. Also, with the 10 coming off on the turn it'll get checked through quite often, which is fine. And thirdly, button may have been planning on raising his flopped str8 or set on the turn, so you may be able to get away cheap if it goes bet raise on the turn.

Unlike others, I don't mind the flop bet at all as it should result in a lot of check throughs on the turn even if UTG raises the flop (unless he has an overpair). He has to figure you for at least a pair as it would be strange for a draw to bet into the PFR like this.