Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Poker Abroad

[ QUOTE ]
the timezone is a problem, I play all night and sleep all day

[/ QUOTE ]

how does that work?
the peak times should correspond to between 6am to 1pm in thailand.
sure you will have to have early nights, but after a good 7 hour working day you've got the afternoon to catch the sun.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:40 AM

Default Re: Poker Abroad

I play Ladbrokes (European) and Prima (European and US). Peak time is about 8pm, Europe is 5 hours behind, so to start at 7pm European time equates to midnight start here. Ladbrokes dies earlier than Prima, as they don't allow US players. Prima starts to get quieter here about 7am as the Europeans go to bed, by the time it gets to about 10 am there are very few 5/10 or 2/4 longhanded NL tables open, which is what I play multiple tables of.

I'm sure that if I played sites with mainly US players I could play hours that are a little more friendly, but I'm happy playing the sites I play at, and payout from US sites is far more awkward than European sites.

Seven hours? Part-timer ..... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But admittedly I'm lucky to get 4 shifts/week in sometimes, recently getting a lot better and putting the hours in. Can be difficult when you have friends coming to visit all the time. Now's the low season, so have some peace and quiet to get on with making some $. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Btw, atm Mainland Europe is -5, UK -6, and East Coast US -11, in the winter they're all a further hour back.

Edit- Forgot to mention, we're near the equator, it gets dark around 6pm.