Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 07:21 AM

Default Re: Hijack aler!

I seriously doubt we can get that high. I'm the only one who's ever played 3/6.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Hijack aler!

[ QUOTE ]
yah, I hate playing for nickel/quarter - I've been quitting home games cause of that -

I'll play 3/6 up to 6/12 and NL with buyin's of up to $100/$200 - those are cool with me.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely what I'm looking for if the other players are 2+2ers. If there are magoos there, I'd just as soon play 10/20.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Back on topic

Got my order of these in today. My first impression is that 5Star's shipping protocol leaves a lot to be desired. But once I sorted out and examined all the loose chips, I was pretty happy.

The colors are very nice. The black, red, green, purple, blue and white chips pop, and the rust orange and mustard yellow are a nice complement. I'm not terribly fond of the grey.

I also ordered a sample of the new Paulson home chips, and comparing it to the faux clays makes me wonder why anyone would spend $1+/chip on these. The sound is virtually identical. The feel of the faux clays is a little rougher than the Paulson, which is a plus for me. The Paulson is very slightly smaller and very slightly heavier, but both are small differences.

They do have a noticeable injection spot in the recessed ring, though oddly enough it isn't in the same place on every chip. It hides pretty decently on the white, black, and yellows, but stands out on the others.

The colors do rub off slightly in some color combinations, other seem to be OK.

Overall, ridiculously good for a 6c chip.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Back on topic

actually, the faux clay chips are slightly larger then an average chip, so your Paulson samples are probably dead on standard size -

don't know what to tell you about shipping protocol - I ordered mine in 50 chip increments, and they were wrapped/sealed that way (though one or two had cracked and could have spilled, I suppose)

I'm a bit disappointed in the case - it's a piece of crap, IMHO - I may buy another 500 chip case like my old one and transfer chips to them and put the old crappy ones in the 1000 chip case instead - the current one leaves black marks on the chips and feels way too tight -

the way I figure with the injection spots is, if you can't get away without having them on a chipco chip, I can live without them on these - but it's slightly distracting - I've noticed it's not visible on ANY of the sample pictures - LOL -

RB
Old 05-20-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually, the faux clay chips are slightly larger then an average chip, so your Paulson samples are probably dead on standard size

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I should have phrased that differently, that the faux clays are just barely larger and lighter than standard.

[ QUOTE ]

don't know what to tell you about shipping protocol - I ordered mine in 50 chip increments, and they were wrapped/sealed that way (though one or two had cracked and could have spilled, I suppose)

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine were in 50s as well, and look like they were wrapped -- certainly about 600 of them were. The other 400 were all over the place. I ordered them with the clear carrier and chip trays. Not high quality really, but convienient. Would be more convenient if they hadn't managed to break one of the chip trays.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:56 PM

how do you get the price down from 8c to 6c per chip?
Old 05-21-2005, 05:50 AM

place the order -

then under offers as you're checking out, there's a 26 percent off bonus -

tha'll put you at 6 cents a chip

RB
Old 05-21-2005, 03:43 PM

Done 1500 chips, plus racks, dealer button and kill button. $120 including shipping.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:28 PM

Found it!!

500 chips on the way to me. Ordered some Copag cards too. Might as well live it up.