Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Pokerroom Changes Blind Level Structure mid tourney

[ QUOTE ]

I know to many players who are leaving and its shame bc support is usually outstanding but no one likes being told its their fault especially when its clearly not.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

you should take that $500 and hire someone to write a legible post.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:14 AM

Say I'm playing in a tourney that pays out to the top 12 people remaining, its down to 43 and I'm fairly short stacked and move in on a marginal hand and get busted.

Two more players go out and then the tournament glitches and crashes. The site decides to divide the prize pool amoung the 40 players still remaining at the time of the glitch.

Well gee if I'd known the glitch was going to happen I'd have played differently. Well boo-hoo. Big deal.

Now suppose the site as a good will gesture decides to give free entries other money tourneys to the players who busted out before the glitch. In my mind that's a top notch site, tremendously concerned with customer service.

Ok so you're fixated on the first answer you got, which a higher ups says was a front line customer service guy looking at a situtation and making an incorrect assumption about what happened. I don't see that you have any evidence that the higher up is lying to you. And, in fact, from the behavior of the site it appears entirely consistent with him telling the truth.

Of course with your amazing ability to discern the truth, I'm surprised you ever bust out of tourneys...people must have a real hard time bluffing against you.

--Zetack
Old 05-19-2005, 03:36 PM

I get it now im the douchebag for pokerroom lying to its customers. Im the douchebag when the discconects happen and they blame your computer. Im the douchebag when support tells you why they even changed the blinds on purpose. Sorry for me being a douchebag. I believe the blinds were intentionally reset and that is screwed up for anyone who played the tourney busting out early or not. I played the grand last time for $1000 buy in and it was run properly. Pokerroom wanted more advertising time so they changed the rules mid tourney thinking no one would feel offended. So your saying its ok for pokerroom support to detail why they changed the blinds and then claim it was an error. Do you guys even play at pokerroom? Only guy whos name is familiar is the last poster who was on there last night playing $100 singles. Anyways to each his own and I will persue my refund. I dont advetise coke and sell you sprite bc I just felt like it.
Judge
Old 05-19-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get it now im the douchebag for pokerroom lying to its customers. Im the douchebag when the discconects happen and they blame your computer. Im the douchebag when support tells you why they even changed the blinds on purpose. Sorry for me being a douchebag. I believe the blinds were intentionally reset and that is screwed up for anyone who played the tourney busting out early or not. I played the grand last time for $1000 buy in and it was run properly. Pokerroom wanted more advertising time so they changed the rules mid tourney thinking no one would feel offended. So your saying its ok for pokerroom support to detail why they changed the blinds and then claim it was an error. Do you guys even play at pokerroom? Only guy whos name is familiar is the last poster who was on there last night playing $100 singles. Anyways to each his own and I will persue my refund. I dont advetise coke and sell you sprite bc I just felt like it.
Judge

[/ QUOTE ]

Mistakes don't happen in your perfect little world do they?
Old 05-19-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sadly, your attitude is also normal for a support environment. We see it every day - people who overreact or have unrealistic expectations. You were given a more-than-fair compensation, yet you continue to complain. I hate people like you.

Short version:

STFU you whiny little bitch

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Some people are so immature and expect something for nothing when things do not go exactly as advertised.

I also thought this from the OP was a hoot:

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think the gaming commission will agree with your choice of changing over a featured tourney to your desires mid play

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-19-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im the douchebag . Im the douchebag . Im the douchebag . Sorry for me being a douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 05-19-2005, 04:32 PM

How is going into deep detail as to why the blinds were changed over why they decided to do it. Then pr will tell you the guy made up answers on his own. Whos to believe what? I guess being new here you want to rip into me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I played on pr for about 10hrs a day for the past 1 yr so I speak from alot of experience playing there and really enjoy playing there and support pokerroom. I dont support this recent action and will not let it go.
I am self employeed and when I make an error most the time it ends up costing me some money but i take responsibilty for my error. $100 is not what i paid to play i paid $500.
Judge
Old 05-19-2005, 05:18 PM

i'm not sure you fully understood my earlier post about not being a bitch. perhaps it is mearly a matter of focus? try some mental exercises:

1. close your eyes and try to relax your muscles. feel the tension and stress of the day melt away
2. focus on your inner chi until you are in harmony with the rythems of the earth itself
3. visualize yourself not being a bitch

let me know if you need any more help
Old 05-19-2005, 05:51 PM

Kudos to Pr support speciialist Patricia. She has been communicating with me via telephone and has addressed the issue and my concerns. I have been refunded my tourney entry and wanted to let everyone know PR stood up and did the right thing. Took some time but the right thing came of it. I appreciate all the badgering from you guys thank you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Good luck to everyone at the tables and everywhere else
Judgegammon
Old 05-20-2005, 12:20 PM

i wasn't implying that you're a douchebag. was just saying you can't spell. but you're probably a douchebag too.