Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2002, 08:42 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default hey, if it works for ya..

"But one thing is for certain 99% of the time those players that post in incorrect postions are bad players. 1% of the time it might be a mistake when they hit autopost or something like that."

making a snap assumption based on how someone 'posted' when entering a game isnt a great idea. youd better confirm it with the way they 'actually' play. ive posted out of position before...and jacked it up. sometimes without looking at my cards . what are you going to put me on? you havent seen my play at all....are you going to isolate a complete unknown based on where he decided to post? sometimes it's not an accident when a player posts out of position. especially if he knows who's in the game...

"This must cost them a fair bit on a yearly basis if they play regularly"

you really dont lose much at all based on where you post. think about it, it's one hand out of a few hundred you may see in the session. one reason many players post late isnt based on monetary reasons.....sometimes it's so you can get the feel of the table a little before entering the game. that along with obvious position...

based on your assumptions, it would actually be profitable to play against you by posting in a bad spot if you read it so matter-of-factly. you did say "But one thing is for certain 99% of the time those players that post in incorrect postions are bad players." that's pretty black and white dont ya think?

yes, many bad players post in bad spots...but id need more than just that to make a judment and adjustment to that player...

b