Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Creativity test

Not sure how it was personal...ehm...sorry if it was.

By your statement I am inferring that you are questioning the practice of folding to a cap after raising. I am folding A9o-AJo after it is capped back to me. Along with other big unsuited broadways. Quite a few hands really.

I never said "often", i am not even sure what "often" means. I said it is possible and I have seen it and I have done it. So I don't think I am wrong. If you never fold to a cap from a reasonable opponent after raising you are making a mistake. OR you got some seriously tight raising standards.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:07 PM

I hear ya. I just think in this particular situation, where we have a LAG between us, I think we can make enough extra money such that giving up 1 BB is worth it.

Also, this was not mention, but if you cap w/AA you almost guaranteeing a 3-way pot because even the BB will need to have a monster to call 3 cold. Hence the JJ cap. If you just 3-bet AA, BB might come along. If BB or anyone else comes along, guess what, we just made up that loss and will probably make even more money post flop. Oh the reasons are piling up! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

By your statement I am inferring that you are questioning the practice of folding to a cap after raising. I am folding A9o-AJo after it is capped back to me. Along with other big unsuited broadways. Quite a few hands really.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously you will fold here because you play correctly. but the vast majority of players in this game will not - that's all i was saying.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:27 PM

*whine* I know.........but Krish said UTG was reasonable/predictable! That was the whole pointtttttttttttttttttttttttt.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:53 PM

i read reasonable/predictable to mean loose/passive and therefore typical.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:43 PM

I have a feeling this happens now and then. I know myself folding for a cap now and then. If u raise KJo, A8o, KTo and its capped by players that arent insane I really dont see the reason to go on.

By the way, I would cap JJ in this hand hoping UTG will fold (which I know he wont do to often) but mainly because there is no need to think our hand isnt good + we got position. UTG raises could mean a lot of hands, maniac 3betting is no big problem. So: we cap.