Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: AKs hand.

Krishan, what if you think this guy is a standard loose 5/10 player? Still no 3-bet on the flop with 2 overcards and big flush draw? I suppose you are out of position. Against a known LAG I 3-bet this frequently.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:43 PM

Flop is pretty bad. Turn is really really bad. He's not betting this for you when that Jack hits, even a moderately aggressive semi-smart player checks this turn UI.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't have a good read on Villian. Although, after this hand I had a good insight into how he played. I do agree that not betting the turn is just disastrous and dumb on my part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apart from the preflop cold call, I'd probably play exactly the same in the button's spot. But I'm new to 6max, and bad -- I'd like to hear how other folk believe he should have played.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Krishan, what if you think this guy is a standard loose 5/10 player? Still no 3-bet on the flop with 2 overcards and big flush draw? I suppose you are out of position. Against a known LAG I 3-bet this frequently.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming villian is standard since the read provided is ficticious. My default read on a board like this against an unknown cold caller is a pair that will be shown down. Anything less than 50% equity and I am not betting. Add a 3rd player or a player who can raise a draw or a player that can fold a pair, or other things and I can see 3-bet and leading.

I'm assuming if you 3-bet, you are leading the turn regardless of whether you hit or not. I don't like it.

If you do call the flop raise, it puts you in good shape to cr the turn when a heart or king comes.

Krishan
Old 05-16-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands is an unknown raising on the flop against the preflop raiser? Atleast a pair, and maybe QJ or 78. But QJ and 78 are unlikely considering the preflop action. He knows you are probably not folding the flop, and he still has BB to worry about. Something this is a set or AT, so you don't have as many outs as you think. Also, if you 3 bet and lead a scary turn (like the J hearts), good chance villian is folding a 9 or T, atleast by the river. But if you hit and bet out the turn, most likely you get called down to the river (and sometimes raised on the turn by a worst hand).
Old 05-16-2005, 05:06 PM

What did you put Villian on without any reads?
Old 05-16-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming if you 3-bet, you are leading the turn regardless of whether you hit or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was my plan, then I decided to play retarded.

[ QUOTE ]
If you do call the flop raise, it puts you in good shape to cr the turn when a heart or king comes.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the usual line I take.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:19 PM

Yeah I really dont get why people arnt liking this flop play. Hero has 4 to a flush, BD straight draw AND two overcards. He has more outs than he knows what to do with.

But I agree that the turn is horrible and fishy, please bet it from now on.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:25 PM

This turn play is about as common as a solar eclipse.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:37 PM

PF, obviously ok. Flop i dont like. The jack is not a nice card for him especially when it gives the straight and flush possible. Play it simple like the other guy said.