Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Dealer Inside Information

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you just scout the games yourself? It doesn't take that long.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't this require me to leave my chair? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, if I can get the info in 10 seconds when a delaer comes in who just dealed there, why not take advantage?
Old 05-16-2005, 05:19 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you just scout the games yourself? It doesn't take that long.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't this require me to leave my chair? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, if I can get the info in 10 seconds when a delaer comes in who just dealed there, why not take advantage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the dealer your asking and what you think of their rating standards of a game, doens't it? Most dealers I know don't know how to really rate a game.

Note that I said 'most'.

b
Old 05-16-2005, 10:00 PM

right.

when i talk with a dealer about the 'wild 20/40 game' they were dealing last night that constantly featured players capping with junk and THEN they say, 'i was trying to get off my shift just so i could get in that game' THEN I have a pretty decent idea that he's at least coming from approximately the right mind-set.

other than these occasional situations my conversations with dealers usually revolve around the crappy weather, or how the Yankees or Patriots or Packers or Memphis Tigers are doing....or maybe they might have some fun stories of some guy getting out of hand and getting tossed the previous night.

Relying on a poker-dealer for quality advice on games is about as reliable as getting good blackjack strategy advice from a dealer (note: the advice that BJ dealers give is typically not correct...even though they think it is).

The number of poker and BJ dealers who think they know the 'best' way to play the game just because they've been dealing it for 5, 10 or 15 years or whatever is quite impressive.

Call it the Scott Fischman syndrome ("I've seen just about everything that can happen because I've dealt so many poker-hands over and over and over")