Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: I think I figured out whats wrong with my SNG play now

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how often are you stealing blinds and what types of hands do you want to steal with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Steal constantly. What hands do you WANT to steal with? AA and KK. What hands will you still with? Any two. Its much much much more about position and stack sizes than it is about what you have.

Early tourney these are the values:

75% Your hand
15% Your position
10% Stack sizes

Middle tourney

65% Your hand
25% Your position
10% Stack sizes

Late tourney
40% Your hand
30% Your position
30% Stack sizes

Bubble
20% Your hand
40% Your position
40% Stack sizes

ITM/HU
15% Your hand
60% Your position
25% Stack sizes

[/ QUOTE ]

Its kinda strange to assign %'s to these different things. And the thing thats misleading about this is the "position" you want changes throughout.

Earlier on, you want LP badly, much like in a cash game. Late tourney (but pre-bubble) you want, as Ciafone describes it, "the right of first bluff" at the flop. Then during the bubble I'd rather act first preflop, so UTG becomes most powerful. Same with ITM except now thats the button.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:44 PM

Some of you people here kill me. A good friend of mine refered me to this site and said its a good place to learn. From what I can see over the last few months since I have been reading here is that all this place is good for some of the time is cut downs and people bitc*ing. You think you people would take the time to help those that really want to improve their game and respect that but some of you dont. I am sorry if I pissed anyone off but I just ask that if you have something to say about my post, make it post related or if you need more info just ask, dont be a smart ass all the time geez.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:47 PM

No one would yell at you if you took more then 5 seconds to type up that original post.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:48 PM

I am at work, cut me some slack.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think that I am driving too slow when I drive my car and I feel like now I should be driving faster. What types of roads would you drive fast on in the morning? Also, what gear are you driving in and how often are you turning left and what types of roads do you want to speed on? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 01:57 PM

Corporate time stealing weasel... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 02:03 PM

I think Phil's post above is funny and yet very indicative of why your OP was "bad".

You are skipping so many ideas by asking the questions you did that there is NO way to give you an answer that would be helpful. That is why posting ACTUAL hands is probably the best thing you could do. Do a search on Scuba Chuck and see how he goes about getting advice on this forum.

(I am a hypocrite bc I almost never post hands, but, only because I can basically find every scenario imaginable and its discussion w/o posting my own.)

There are so many variables in poker that questions such as yours absolutely trash the whole nature of the game. Its like saying "so how do I checkmate...do I wait for endgame or just try in 4 moves?" what kind of answer is going to give you any insight?

I think some posters here get angry because they have put forth a lot of effort into learning these complexities and get perplexed when someone comes along and thinks they can have it all with no effort.

I can kind of see where zebra ass is coming from but I am not saying you deserved it either.

pooh
Old 05-12-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Degan, I actually like you though. I dont care for Zebra and yes douche bag is my fav saying lol. I just wish you people would try and be more helpful than trying to beat you down every chance you get. I hope you can understand this. Not everyone here is as good as some of you but you think you would have respect for someone that is actually putting forth effort to learn the game and play it better.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, zebra absolutely nailed what your problem is. you're too busy being pissed at the way he told you it. you can't expect to be coddled AND successful. i'll give you a hint. one person has probably increased my ROI at my level by about 15%. here's his favorite saying.

"I hope you realize what a stupid play that was."

Ball up, son.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:12 PM

This, that and the other thing...

Original Poster: Honestly, your question was pretty stupid, try to limit new posts to stuff that you could not find by searching the archives, or that is in some way unique. But of course this forum is free and open, and you have the right to post anyting you want. I know you had good intentions, but you cant get upset by flames for that. And also, some of us tried to give honest and helpful responses.

Zebra: It would be a great day for you to open up and respond to some of xPunish3r's recent posts if you are in a crappy mood. I'll buy tix to watch. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PVS: Zing !

For the forum as a whole: I think we do get a little bent out of shape when one of "those" posts turns up. I find myself doing it too. I've made several replies where the next day i thought "damn, that was harsh, i shouldnt have said that.... meh, i guess maybe Citanul should put a blurb in the FAQ to suggest new arrivals spend 6 months lurking before they start postsing, so that they have seen/heard the abc's already.

General (and honest) question: I'm totally curious, what exactly *is* a douche bag? I mean, i know generally what a douche is, but where does the bag come in? I would thing you'd use some sort of hose, or baster, or something.....whats with the bag? Pls clear this up for me, preferably without excessive mental imagery .
Old 05-12-2005, 02:16 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]