Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Hearts: Which cards do you pass here

I would certainly pass K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is kept for preventing a moon(duh) and Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] can be played first trick unless someone passes you a bunch of clubs. This is a strong hand and you can probably choose who gets the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Old 05-28-2005, 12:23 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
Pass K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and either the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or the T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

This is basically what the last guy said... you cannot pass AKJ, that's just retarded. It's a shoot the moon gift if the person being passed to holds the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Middle cards are typically bad if you have very few of that suit. If you have a Big + Small, that might be okay, if you can take control with the big one and play out the small one... this is the Q4 clubs situation.

If you dump the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], then you'll hope not to pick up more clubs to get void quickly in order to escape the dangerous diamonds. If you choose to dump the T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], you have to hope that you don't get middle diamonds.

I'm not an expert, but I mostly agree with what the last guy said... he suggested KJ hearts and T diamonds.

-RMJ

[/ QUOTE ]

after the KJ of hearts i like passing the T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] more, since the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is easy to get rid of.
Good advice i think. Be prepared to take 4 hearts with the ace.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:30 PM

I think the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is an ok pass. Really, though, I would pass the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] instead of the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. In this case you give them two high hearts, but if they ever play either the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you just jump on it with the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and just lead back in with the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] both stopping them from shooting the moon and getting rid of the lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very bad advice. Never pass the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] here. You will get 8-12 hearts if you do that.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is an ok pass. Really, though, I would pass the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] instead of the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. In this case you give them two high hearts, but if they ever play either the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you just jump on it with the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and just lead back in with the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] both stopping them from shooting the moon and getting rid of the lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very bad advice. Never pass the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] here. You will get 8-12 hearts if you do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd agree. That's why I said pass the J instead of the 4.
Old 05-29-2005, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I've ever passed two hearts in my life, unless I was planning a moon-shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

First time I ever quoted myself.

I think you guys are nuts to even consider passing two hearts here.

When somebody passes two or three hearts to me, it feels like Christmas.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:40 AM

I don't think I've ever passed two hearts in my life, unless I was planning a moon-shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is 100% safe to pass 2 hearts as long as you keep the ace as a stopper. You can even pass the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , and there is still zero chance of getting a moon.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:35 PM

But giving me a bunch of hearts, after I just got rid of my minor-suit cards (clubs and diamonds), helps more than just about anything you could try.

If I was TRYING to help the person I'm passing to, I'd give him all spades. My second choice would be to give him a bunch of hearts.

When passing, your primary objective should be to make your hand better. First, you check to see if you've got spade trouble (in the given hand, you don't). Second, you check your hearts. Not great, but not terrible. You're going to pass the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]--at that point, you can stop worrying about passing MORE moon-stoppers, and start looking at ridding yourself of bad cards.

Voiding yourself of either clubs or diamonds is clearly the choice here, and holding a Q4 is much more palatable than a T9.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:10 AM

But giving me a bunch of hearts, after I just got rid of my minor-suit cards (clubs and diamonds), helps more than just about anything you could try.

If I was TRYING to help the person I'm passing to, I'd give him all spades. My second choice would be to give him a bunch of hearts.

When passing, your primary objective should be to make your hand better. First, you check to see if you've got spade trouble (in the given hand, you don't). Second, you check your hearts. Not great, but not terrible. You're going to pass the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]--at that point, you can stop worrying about passing MORE moon-stoppers, and start looking at ridding yourself of bad cards.

Voiding yourself of either clubs or diamonds is clearly the choice here, and holding a Q4 is much more palatable than a T9.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can he possibly be helped by getting 2 hearts?. Unless he have a bunch of low ones he will have a hard time to clear that suit.
As you said hearts is not a big problem yet, but it could easily become one if you get one or two hearts passed to you. Also neither clubs or diamonds are difficult to clear here
Old 06-03-2005, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is 100% safe to pass 2 hearts as long as you keep the ace as a stopper. You can even pass the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , and there is still zero chance of getting a moon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly right. Nothing wrong with passing the two hearts in this case due to shoot-the-moon stoppage power. If you don't you're probably in some deeper trouble due to the hearts.

-RMJ
Old 06-03-2005, 11:48 AM

I pass KJ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] covers any moon possibility. There is plenty of spade cover foy you to go after low. Clubs are of no concern. This is an easy pass/play.