Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Fold? What does this check-raise on the flop mean?

Absolutely raise with ATo when it's folded to you in the CO. Now the SB min-raises and BB calls. You are probably beat, but you're getting 8-to-1 (9-to-1 assuming button calls). That's worth seeing a flop.

I'd probably check behind on the flop. Absolutely fold to the check-raise.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Fold? What does this check-raise on the flop mean?

[ QUOTE ]
I have TPTK you tard. Top pair meaning top pair on the board and since I have the ace I have top kicker, therefore I have TPTK.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then you are seriously overvaluing this "TPTK" situation. If that's your definition, then you can easily admit that your TP is nullified by their over-pair (if that's what they have). You could also be against a guy with TT or 99 who thought you were trying to steal his blind and wanted to show he actually had a hand. People can do funny things. But that flop could give him trips. It's also possible that he has AA and was trying to milk it PF, then your TK outs are no good either. And yeah he could be trying to bluff you out, or is really loose and has A9 or the like, but those possibilities are remote.

Probable hands for this guy: Pair AA-99, Two Overs (hoping you missed the flop - and your bet was just a CB) AK-AQs

With any of the pairs, you're drawing to 5 outs. Otherwise he has only a few hands (AKs, AKo, AQs) that fit that type of PF betting and flop betting.

Don't risk your tournament on a pair of tens, ace-kicker.

Sole exception: This person goes all-in every flop regardless of what he has. (Which I'd bet was not the case in this hand)

Fold.

And oh yeah: Fold preflop