Default Re: 1st Hand Post - All comments welcome

second or third bottom line in the history will say

BB doesn't show [ Ad, Ac ] a pair of aces
Old 05-11-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: 1st Hand Post - All comments welcome

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does no one ever cap this preflop? 5 ways I think it could easily be +EV. <font color="blue">Opponents fold way too often in huge pots, in big pots you want to do everything you can to win, not try to save bets</font>. Capping will certainly help you win occasionally and only costs you 1SB when you lose. In addition, you will win this plenty of times and end up making money on the additional preflop money so at most it costs you a fraction of a bet to cap, it increases your chances of winning without a showdown (even though that is a remote event it certainly happens occasionally even in huge pots), and it takes advantage of your opponents mistake of folding too easily and playing too passively in massive pots. What do you guys say?

[/ QUOTE ]

bolded section: interesting idea. i don't because a 3-bet from SB with limpers in UTG isn't some crappy holding (barring reads). i'd rather wait to see what the flop brings and i have great position to raise then.

<font color="blue"> Blue section: </font> really? people fold more in big pots? that's not my experience. people seem to stick around longer in big pots (which isn't a bad thing either if we get our flush).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he was saying that they fold more often. I think he was implying that people fold too often, which they do, but they fold less often in bigger pots (still a lot though).

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. I didn't mean that they fold more often in big pots than they do in small pots. But I find that relative to optimal they fold too little in small pots and too much in big pots. So when I have a hand like KJs which plays well in a big pot, I like to have initiative because it gives me more ways to win and it doesn't cost me very much here to get a bit more of it.

So I'm hearing "No, we never cap here. Yes, we think it is an interesting idea and might try it at some point." Yes?