Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Proposition for 2+2ers

I've got a deal, too. I challenge anyone here to read the book of Genesis and find anything that seems to defy logic. You don't have to read the whole book....read for maybe 20 minutes or so. You will feel the truth of that book. If it doesn't all make sense, I will do 10 push-ups.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to challenge anyone here to read through the book of Romans(it's in the Bible). It seems the majority of posters here are intellects with an open mind and enjoy reading, so it should give you something to chew on for awhile. Even if you don't agree with what it says, may be it will open your mind to a better understanding of Christian theology.

[/ QUOTE ]

a christian has asked me to do this before, and i tried to read it but it was soooooo boring i just couldn't read all of it, it didn't really do a lot for me
Old 05-14-2005, 07:04 AM

I have read the bible. I was raised as a Christian. Something, for me, was missing. There were too many blanks, and leaps of faith were required to clear those hurtles. It seemed that I wanted to take my demanding intellect along for the ride, and with Christianity, that was a short ride indeed.

Have you read any of the Edgar Cayce material? The sleeping prophet, as he was called, channeled information while he was in a sleep-state. This lead me to study the trance-phenomena, which of course finally lead to the Seth material.

His ideas concerning Christ, Christianity, and religion in general, can be (mostly) found in the book "Seth Speaks", or if you are near Yale University, all of the material is achived there. Very challenging ideas, even if the validity of such material is questionable or unacceptable.