Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Losing weight.

[ QUOTE ]
I am surprised no one suggested this: Put the exercise bike in front of the TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just reading this thread has prompted me to check around online on prices for a decent exercise bike. I think I'll run to Dick's Sporting Goods tomorrow and see if I can't get a nice one for sub-$150.

If I plop that thing square in my apartment then I won't have much excuse for NOT using it.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am surprised no one suggested this: Put the exercise bike in front of the TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just reading this thread has prompted me to check around online on prices for a decent exercise bike. I think I'll run to Dick's Sporting Goods tomorrow and see if I can't get a nice one for sub-$150.

If I plot that thing square in my apartment then I won't have much excuse for NOT using it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another option. If you have a real bike, get a trainer. Bike + trainer takes up less space than Bike + exercise bike.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:01 AM

No bike, so this isn't an option.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:17 AM

Pizza is one of the best things ever, but it will destroy your diet. I remember reading one fitness model saying he figures he can eat pizza like twice a year heheh. It really is nasty when it comes to gaining weight. If you're going to try to eat pizza and lose weight, look into liposuction or stomach stapling.

Seriously though, try to replace a lot of what you eat with fruits and vegetables. It's a lot more satisfying than eating tiny portions and being hungry all the time. Vegetables are mostly water, and you can gorge yourself on them and stil drop weight at an insane rate, as long as you don't put high calorie sauces on them. A little butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, herbs, lemon juice, whatever, will do you fine.

I remember for a while I ate mostly chicken and fish and tofu, and steamed vegetables and fruit, and I could eat like a horse because there were so few calories in all of it, yet the weight just practically fell off me like crazy. And believe me brother, when I say I can eat, I mean it. Eat just chicken, fish, lean meat, and vegetables, with just the occasional carb, and you won't be able to keep fat on your body almost no matter how much you eat. And the nutrition will be great, and you'll feel fantastic all the time. Can't beat a diet where you can eat as much as you want and it's easy to stay on.

Of course, if you're drinking much soda and/or booze, you're in for a rough time ever getting weight off, too.

Good luck. Losing weight can be pretty easy if you just eat the right foods. The problem is almost nobody eats right anymore.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:22 AM

i find the absolute easiest way to lose weight is go running in the morning 5 times a week

start off running one mile, slowly build up to 5 miles a day

this increases your metabolism and at least in my case actually decreases your apetite, so you don't really have to watch how much sugar and fat you are eating, as long as you are getting enough of the vitamins and proteins and all that you need
Old 05-09-2005, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
play some DDR. if you like it and get hooked you'll lose a lot guarenteed

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my plan.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:41 AM

If you work out five times a week, your weight will pretty much take care of itself.

Monday - lift #1
Tuesday - cardio
Wednesday - lift #2
Thursday - cardio
Friday - lift #1
Saturday - rest
Sunday - lift #2
Monday - cardio
Tuesday - lift #1
Wednesday - cardio
Thursday - lift #2
Friday - rest
Saturday - lift #1
Sunday - rest
and so on and so forth ad infinitum, where lift #1 is something like arms, chest, upper back and lift #2 is something like legs, abs, lower back.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:42 AM

Low calorie intake, eat cereal in the morning that is high in dietary fiber, like kashi. Rest of your meal seems fine.

Lots of water and exercise too. Its the only way.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is half the battle right there...Losing weight to win a bet is ok for the short term (been there, done that) but you will go right back to the size you are now if you don't make some very basic lifestyle changes becuase you want to not to win a bet or any other reason....

It is very hard to stick to a "diet" because the minute you eat something you aren't supposed to you start feeling guilty and then tell yourself " oh well i screwed up now so it won't matter if i eat McDonalds for dinner"

Just start eating healthier... a good way to do this is to make it more convenient to eat healthy than to eat junk food.... when you go to do your food shopping buy healthy food only then when you get that urge for a snack you will either have to go out of your house to buy it or you can have an orange you bought at the grocery store...Make your natural laziness work for you not against you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2005, 09:37 AM

Suck it up and excercize. Just do 20-30 minutes of cardio a day. Eating better is certainly good, too, but I wouldn't cut out everything I love. Maybe try eating out at different types of places more. (Pho, Vietnamese noodle soup, is awesome when done right. Additionally, I think it is even healthy. That ends my "try new foods" section.)