Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: $30/$60 - weakly played aces?

Given your turn check I think you need to call the river. UTG+1 can easily have a lower pair that he's value betting against your "AK". Personally I'd bet the river and consider calling down a check-raise depending on how check-raised.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:44 PM

Default You must be NL player...

As your clawing your way up the limit HE ranks, try to remember that in limit making isolated single-bet sized mistakes is not that big of a deal. In NL, every decision can lead to a huge "stack" size mistake, in limit we don't have that concern. As such, its often correct to bet in a questionable spot (like the turn in this hand) because even if you get raised, its only 1 bet. By betting you stand to get called by 3 or 4 worse hands most of the time you get in this spot, and you'll get raised once every so often.

What kills you in limit is making "pot-sized" mistakes, as not betting this turn could have ended up being (I still think that the turn check would be ok with a read, but against unknowns, they're gonna have to show me a Queen), or folding the river could have been.

Good luck as you continue to make the transition, and remember when in doubt in limit hold'em...bet or raise.

lf
Old 05-09-2005, 08:43 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I don't agree with is the people that have said I would have heard from a queen on the flop. Given the preflop action, is AQo really strong enough to check raise this flop? What about KQ or QJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Both of these guys are in a great position to do so; since they have the field to act behind them. MP1 has capped, checked, very likely he has AK here and the pot is huge so if i have Q,x i'm getting those 6 outs out right now, even with the risk of you having AA KK you could also have JJ TT AK. Raising here also makes the hand A LOT easier to play and will probably save me bets when i'm behind.

It's unlikely i fold the turn if c/r'ed.