Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Round 1 Game 7\'s tonight: Indiana/Boston, Houston/Dallas

[ QUOTE ]
I want an upset, so I've got Indi taking out the Celtics on their homecourt. The C's will be energized by the crowd, but the Pacers defense will clamp down and the Celtics will kill themselves with bonehead mistakes. Reggie provides the 4th quarter dagger with some clutch shooting. Maybe just wishful thinking there.

I'm pulling for a Houston win, but I've got the Mavs winning game 7 at home. Yao has yet to show the killer instinct that he needs to compete in these high pressure games, and like it or not, T-Mac has still not proven himself. His shooting has been ridiculously good all series, regression to the mean is going to start setting in. Dirk has played game 7's before, and he has won game 7's before. He knows how to step up to the challenge. He's also due for a monster game. I predict a close game, but a dominating performance from Nowitzki.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prediction master.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:47 AM

I have to say I wasn't too surprised at the teams that advanced today....however, I was quite disappointed in how neither game was competitive at all.

While I don't think Indiana has much of a chance in the next round, I actually *do* think Dallas can give Phoenix a run for their money. Dallas every year is a very weird team...they always have a bit of a funky team identity and mix and match their offense in the playoffs to get back on track even when they're blown out of a game or two. I really like their defense compared to what the Suns trot out every night. Frankly, I think Dallas' small lineup matches up quite well with Phoenix. They have just as many horses and firepower. I also fully expect Dirk to be the key to this series (in the last one Dallas could sorta get by just through the fact they were the more talented team overall)....

Unfortunately, Dallas doesn't really have the pg who can fully expose Nash for the subpar defender that he is...oh well.

Yugoslav
Old 05-08-2005, 03:31 AM

All you got right was the results... you had a 1/4 chance to do that.