Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: TruePokerCEO, if you really want innovation, how about this deal?

[ QUOTE ]
Even if I had one, I wouldn't wear it in public. Not even in Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Stu
Old 05-07-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: TruePoker already offers a CASHBACK at 1,500 raked hands/ mo.

[ QUOTE ]
If you guys started a skin that had "flat" graphics (at least something like everyone else, but preferablly better of course) I'd definitely consider playing, especially if there was a solid player rewards program involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Doc
Old 05-07-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you guys started a skin that had "flat" graphics (at least something like everyone else, but preferablly better of course) I'd definitely consider playing, especially if there was a solid player rewards program involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously TPCEO, a good rewards program and a flat interface would net you my business.

Volume players will be looking for greener pastures soon - but your software interface needs to be volume friendly.

I do recommend though that you keep volume to with in reason (4 tables max). The 8+ tabling going on at Party cannot sustain itself.

Orange
Old 05-07-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To capture the high volume players consider opening a skin to Truepoker that uses different client software. The interface of that new client needs to be geared specifically to the multi-tabler. As is stands now, there isn't an online card room that has a really good interface for the grinder.

[/ QUOTE ]

UB and Prima mini-views, as well as the regular tables at GamesGrid are good imho. (GG is slow, and the buttons don't work, but the screen design is near perfect for my requirements.)

One good source of inspiration would be the more popular mods for the party skins. I think basically all the multitabling fulltimers have removed chairs, avatars and all other distractions. Some went as far as just having a matte black surface.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:37 PM

I have to say I really appreciate you caring about high volume players more than other sites and coming here to talk with us, not blatently advertise. I think the 2nd skin idea with 2d boards and a good reward structure, i.e. rakeback, would surely bring in players like me.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems way too ambitious to me... If a site advertises 75% rakeback to all players, even the fish will see it, and the sites profit will diminish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the sites profit per player will certainly diminish. But this will happen, or every capitalism theorist should be shot. You can't charge $7500 a month for a $15 service forever without getting undercut.

I think we will see a progressive 'war' in bonuses, kickbacks, rake rebates, freerolls etc. In a few years the profit margin of any online poker site will probably be 10-20% of what it is today.

Direct rake rebates will probably never pick up, as only a select few really understand them. Big bonuses, freerolls and most likely paid-to-play schemes like GamesGrid will be the form it takes.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do recommend though that you keep volume to with in reason (4 tables max). The 8+ tabling going on at Party cannot sustain itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

One advantage with feeding volume flat interface players onto the same tables as 3D interface players is that the 3D interface players are going to slow up the game for the volume player. A few volume players won't like that and won't come over. However, a lot of 4-tablers or 2-tablers would begin to 4 or 8 table at TruePoker because the games are a bit slower. Now those grinders are filling 2x the seats at TruePoker then they were at the IGM skins. Couple that with an aggressive VFP and it would be a win-win-win.

Stu
Old 05-07-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Truepoker Condom

[/ QUOTE ]

All-in!
Old 05-07-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Truepoker Condom

[/ QUOTE ]

All-in!

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

The Doc
Old 05-07-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have to say I really appreciate you caring about high volume players more than other sites and coming here to talk with us

[/ QUOTE ]

Here Here!!

As I've said before...his efforts are to be commended.

Even IF he is just offering a bunch of B.S. I don't care.

He is obviously interested in representing his site professionally and accepting ideas from 2+2.

The complete inability of empire to answer very simple questions about the closed-accounts situation is roughly the opposite. They could care less about you or me or any other individual player. Even if Empire really doesn't give a hoot about their players it's not THAT hard to at least pretend like you do.

I am very impressed by TPCEO's input on 2+2 and the instant they develop a 2d table (or better yet...a mini-view) I'll be heading over to their site.
I may actually do that BEFORE that time comes.

Right now I've got too much other stuff going on to concern myself with playing at another site. I'm just not in the mood to go site-hopping currently I guess.

But his contributions here are getting closer and closer to winning me over as a customer over there.