Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Possible new clues to Empire closings....

[ QUOTE ]
your highly defensive attitude

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a defensive attitude, it's a true blue annoyed attitude . . . at having to deal with a puck ass like yourself.

Are you even intelligent enough to read and understand my post from above ? No one (other than you) was defending their actions with Empire. We all know that we were not allowed to have an account at Empire and another skin. Most people admitted that they used Empire exclusively as a "whore" account. Does any of that sound "defensive" to you there brainiac ??

The "hostility" coming from posters effected is from the frustration of not getting a straight answer. We were accused of "suspisious and wrongful actions" with our accounts. Everyone has e-mailed asking what these "suspisious and wrongful actions" were, but no one has of yet gotten an answer. If I hear from Empire with a response along the lines of the multi account or bonus whoring line (even though it says nothing in their T&C's about whoring) then I will be satisfied . . . but until I do, I have to assume that it is an error on their part because I have done nothing (although I am unable to convince an authority like yourself of this) other than that, wrong. And as I said if either of the above is the case, then many more of you will likely be effected in the coming days/weeks/months.

As to your latest theory I generally cleared bonuses at $2/4.

Good luck with your theories and your account.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] busguy
Old 05-07-2005, 01:29 AM

Such a simplistic attitude would imply that those players who exclusively play at Empire are equally at risk of having their account closed for "suspcious activity"...
Old 05-07-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I generally cleared bonuses at $2/4

[/ QUOTE ]

If any realistic conclusions are to be made, before or if Empire 'fesses up, its going to require full disclosure by both the affected an unaffected players.

Does "generally" mean you might have cleared some, part or all of the bonuses at the lowest of limits and "cost" Empire for being a player there?
Old 05-07-2005, 01:34 AM

I don't play against the rake and rarely pursue bonuses. I won the 7:45 tourney on Party and had quite a bit of money, so I wanted to follow the rules strictly.

I emailed them and empire when I wanted to set up an empire account and they both said it was prohibited. Some bonus whore and aff sites gave ways to get around the rules, but it is very clear. One party skin period. I feel I run up against people playing together in sitngo's so I don't play them anymore.

No sympathy from me for people that skirt the rules.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:39 AM

How long ago did you try to create the Empire account?
Old 05-07-2005, 01:43 AM

I've never played .5/$1 at Empire. I have played $1/2, $2/4 and $3/6. By far the majority of my play at Empire would be at the $2/4 level. I would doubt if that cost them very much in MGR.

busguy
Old 05-07-2005, 01:56 AM

I think 2/4 is borderline breakeven for MGR, without playing lower then that you didn't "cost" them much if anything at all. However, if they queried the db for people who only play for bonus and people they have ever lost money on... that could be the difference... but I don't think thats the correct trail....

Did you sign up under an affiliate? Or perhaps used a signup code that was linked to an affiliate you didnt know at the time?

Just looking for what makes your having two accounts different then mine... it could just be that "M" comes much later then D in the alphabet, and by the time I get home from work in the morning I might not have an Empire account...

Oh, when did they close your account? today? Did you get the email earlier in the week about the reload, before they axed your account?
Old 05-07-2005, 02:05 AM

No affiliate. No sign-up code other than the one on Empire's web-site . . . the standard 20% up to $100.

Account closed this afternoon . . . after people started reporting it. No re-load e-mail. No e-mail (that I know of) advising me that my account had been closed.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:14 AM

Well, this might at least show some premeditation on Empires part. I recieved the newsletter/announcement yesterday:
[ QUOTE ]

To: xxxxx@gmail.com
Date: May 5, 2005 4:20 PM
Subject: 50% Reload Bonus from Empire

[/ QUOTE ]

So they didnt send you that letter yesterday, and closed your account today... I think I may have escaped to at least Round 2.....
Old 05-07-2005, 03:33 AM

[sarcasm]

Yeah, I sped down the highway today at 20 miles per hour over the speed limit and didn't get a ticket, so all those people who complain about the cops writing them speeding tickets must have been doing something else to get caught......

[/sarcasm]