Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Re: If you open-limp on the button, your IQ is 14

the river bet is absolutely retarded. what do you hope to get called by? what do you hope to fold out? justfiying everything by saying openlimping is stupid is even more retarded. there are plenty of reasonable players that openlimp with medium-strongish hands. calling his hand as "any two" is usually far from the truth anyways.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate this.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-06-2005, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the river bet is absolutely retarded. what do you hope to get called by? what do you hope to fold out? justfiying everything by saying openlimping is stupid is even more retarded. there are plenty of reasonable players that openlimp with medium-strongish hands. calling his hand as "any two" is usually far from the truth anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will never understand posts like this. Why go to all the trouble to type this out when all you're doing is saying what has already been said numerous times? The only difference is that you're doing it in an ass-wipish way.

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, the rank of river plans goes:

check/fold > check/call > bet/fold > bet/call.

The parlay of a) him having a worse hand and b) him calling with that hand is such that the river bet is -EV, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

This, however, is something I can get on board with.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will never understand posts like this. Why go to all the trouble to type this out when all you're doing is saying what has already been said numerous times? The only difference is that you're doing it in an ass-wipish way.

[/ QUOTE ]

i try to read posts before i read the responses. so if its been said before then my bad. though it just felt to me that the original poster deserved the "ass-whipping" because he seemed to feel his play was so superior to the button, when he made a clear mistake on the river.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:30 AM

Guess SuperPro must openlimp on the button a lot. . . .
Old 05-06-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i try to read posts before i read the responses. so if its been said before then my bad. though it just felt to me that the original poster deserved the "ass-whipping" because he seemed to feel his play was so superior to the button, when he made a clear mistake on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean "ass-wiping".
Old 05-06-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean "ass-wiping".

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need an ass-whipping you arrogant prick. Rather, whomever this gimmick account belongs to needs an ass-whipping.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:48 AM

I think a 3rd consecutive bet with rags is fine here, he got exactly what he wanted and no showdown.

The button played that so passively, perhaps he had him beat, but not by much and this might have won the hand for him.

I could see 54s limping on the button, and folding the winner here, very easily.

-Bri
Old 05-06-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a 3rd consecutive bet with rags is fine here, he got exactly what he wanted and no showdown.

The button played that so passively, perhaps he had him beat, but not by much and this might have won the hand for him.

I could see 54s limping on the button, and folding the winner here, very easily.

-Bri

[/ QUOTE ]

chance player is called by a worse hand < chance opp folds a better hand < chance player is called by a better hand

-SmileyEH