Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: \'partypoker is hard to make money\'

I don't like it either.

But anyway, I think a lot of people are missing one of the key words that goes along with SOME of the BAD PLAYERS. It's the bad players that make us the money, ofcourse, but some of the bad players can break us. The maniacs, which are the worst, but have a wide range and tricky hand selection, and are LAG, are the 'bad' players you're talking about.

They ofcourse are much beatable than a 'good' player.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:28 PM

I think he meant the rake has a killer in low limit games so he prefers 10/20, this makes absolute sense to me, btw why did u ask it on this forum?
Old 05-05-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"It's hard to make money at Partypoker because a lot of beginners play unpredictably. He only plays high stakes."

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes sense if the guy plays poker on auto-pilot. Before I took up poker, I was a chess player (not great, but better than average). Anyhoo, in chess, when you're playing against a "good" player, you can generally play your early game by the book because your opponent is expected to make the "correct" responding moves against it. Against a weak player, however, you can't really use your opening book to the letter because your opponent's maniacal play creates the necessity (or opportunity) to adjust and do things in response that make your position better. In this sense, because you have to actually use your brain to adjust your game so early, you could claim a weak opponent is more difficult to play...(perhaps this really means difficult as in annoying?). In reality, they're still much softer opponents and will always end up getting pwn3d.

The only real difference is, in poker, there's that element of chance that allows the fish to occasionally get lucky, thus compounding their "difficult"-ness. There's still no reason not to be able to beat them long term.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Need I say more?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.5 BB (6 max, 4 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">UTG ($60.85)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($48.25)</font>
SB ($53.95)
BB ($23.6)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $20</font>, Hero calls $12.

Turn: ($46.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $38.85 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $26.25 (All-In).

River: ($111.35) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $111.35

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 9c 9d (two pair, nines and sixes).
Hero has Td Qd (two pair, tens and sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins $98.75. UTG wins $12.60. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i think judging from the way you both played yer hands, you are both awful. he could make the judgment that you should have folded to the 12 dollar reraise, and say that YOU cant fold a hand. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

The texture of this flop was rag rag ten. But two pair beats your hand, a set, etc. I agree with Raptor