Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Empire gives me the boot

[ QUOTE ]
so I'll be interested in seeing if I get my party account locked

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be more interested in seeing if ANYONE here with more than 1 post reports having the same problem.

Since this hasn't happened common sense would dictate that it is worth doubting the OP's claim.

Besides...even HE doesn't know why they canned his account:

[ QUOTE ]
No response. All I can think is that they are booting bonus whores.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe empire thought he was involved in chip-dumping or collusion or something else. Since he hasn't called them to find out more NOR replied to his own thread here we just don't know.

I don't think the conclusion that Empire is dumping ANY (much less ALL) bonus-whores is a very intelligent approach since we have ZERO evidence that this is the case.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Thought Experiment

[ QUOTE ]
Imagine that the six Party skins agreed that all players could only have one account. Perhaps it would be wherever you first signed up. Suppose they decided to implement it without notice one day. What would happen?

1. Customer service would be crushed by the resulting volume of inquiries.

2. The cashier service would be crushed by all the withdrawals it would have to process as it returned money to holders of closed accounts.

3. The inevitable honest mistakes (e.g. duplicate names, lost withdrawals) would not be cleaned up in a timely way because everyone would be swamped.

4. Large number of players would be shocked, confused, angry, or simply unprepared to play at their correct site. Some people might not have any money in their remaining account. Table counts would plunge in the short term as people waited for the dust to settle before resigning themselves to their fate and resuming play at their assigned skin. PokerPulse would take notice of the sudden drop.

5. The magnitude of the chaos would cause bad publicity. Maybe even a panic.

Sounds like a bad plan, eh? Maybe it would be a good idea to phase in any extreme changes? Spread the workload and let people get used to the new reality.

My point is that just because we only see a few people being affected means nothing. Whatever it is they are doing, it only makes sense that it would start slowly.

What happens next is anyone's guess.

One thing is clear. Trust and goodwill toward the Party skins is dropping on a daily basis in the 2+2 forums and all the other player forums. For example, have you noticed how many posters in recent days seem to be afraid of having their money stolen (confiscated) by the skins!? People afraid to deposit money and play legitimate bonuses? People afraid the Party network won't let them play on any skin anymore?

Trust is hard to win and easy to lose. Party and friends may suffer for years to come for their current activities. Word-of-mouth is powerful and on the internet it lingers almost forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point I wish they would just issue a blanket policy statement and then actually enforce it.

They have created this mess themseleves. Since Istarted playing a year ago, on every forum the information on how to open multiple accounts on skins and how to secure rakeback is openly publicised.

They chose to look the other way because they were greedy. As long as the multi-tablers were limited to a relatively small group, it did not matter to Party whether an 8-tabler was playing four on Party and 4 on empire. IT was a win win situation.

Well now they have a mess, most people have accounts on 2-4 skins. The less ethical among us have gnome accounts . Bonus whoring is now a science.

They chose to look the other way on a lot of things, now they have a big mess that needs to be cleaned up.

I love my Rake back account at Eurobet. But if it is to be lost, so be it.

I think that even as players we should be able to accept certain things may be good for the game:

1. Excessive multi-tabling is probably bad for the game in the long term. After a certain point it becomes harmful. The benefits are having additional games available and increased rake generation for the time being. However, after a certain point this weights the games to the tougher side and probably results in having fish bust out at an accelerated pace. So in the long term this is not good for the site. At what point this is reached I do not know.

2. It should be understandable that a site does not want business from players that result in a long term -MGR.

3. Although rake back is a great thing, the skins have really canniablaised(sp?) many of the customers from the original Party site. Most of these are players who probably put in 15,000+ hands a month easy. This does IGM no good in the long term.

So anyway. I think if they are going to do something it should be consistent across the board. I also think that their security team should aggressively pursue and punish dummy accounts. For a large company they run a very slip shod operation in some areas. If they decide to clean up I will respect that. But they must be consistent.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be more interested in seeing if ANYONE here with more than 1 post reports having the same problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

There were 2 or 3 long term posters in the BW thread who had their accounts frozen (Empire mostly). It appears to be happening for real, but slowly at first.

I would like to find out:

Is this happening only to people with gnome accounts (multi-at-same-skin)?

Is this happening only to low limit players who only play when clearing a bonus?

Is it based on the number of accounts at your IP address (even legit. family members)?

It would be interesting to figure out their targeting methodology.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There were 2 or 3 long term posters in the BW thread who had their accounts frozen (Empire mostly). It appears to be happening for real, but slowly at first.

[/ QUOTE ]

This DEFINITELY changes things then.

Lot of those BW guys have more than 1 account at a skin though (gnome-accounts) but they also don't have a problem admitting it when they do so I'm not sure if that is a factor or not.

Between the pokernor rake-back thing and a couple other little incidents it does indeed appear likely that we may be in for more changes.

Someone else commented:

[ QUOTE ]
most people have accounts on 2-4 skins.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is true at all.
Many 2+2'ers have accounts at various skins.
A majority of party players do not however.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think the conclusion that Empire is dumping ANY (much less ALL) bonus-whores is a very intelligent approach since we have ZERO evidence that this is the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhh! Waite! Nope, I don't hear the 2+2 whores screaming.

Sniff, sniff, hmmm, this smells like bovine feces. Seems to be another round of site bashing, did school just let out for the summer?
Old 05-05-2005, 05:40 PM

Not counting the recent problems with Granny having her little old heart broken, we generally give a bit of influence to the post count here. This is not to say that someone who has one post cannot be relied on, but do we have the whole story?

Generally, posters will give us a bit more information regarding these types of allegations.

Have any of our long time posting bonus whores been banned yet?
Old 05-05-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Many 2+2'ers have accounts at various skins.
A majority of party players do not however.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. I think a large percentage of people playing on party don't even understand what a skin is or know that it would be possible to have accounts on different ones.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:44 PM

looks like you cant play against TSC now...
Old 05-05-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Thought Experiment

[ QUOTE ]
4. Large number of players would be shocked, confused, angry, or simply unprepared to play at their correct site. Some people might not have any money in their remaining account. Table counts would plunge in the short term as people waited for the dust to settle before resigning themselves to their fate and resuming play at their assigned skin. PokerPulse would take notice of the sudden drop.

One thing is clear. Trust and goodwill toward the Party skins is dropping on a daily basis in the 2+2 forums and all the other player forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

What has Party done that makes you think they care one iota about the FEW high volume players? If the FEW volume players left enmass the fish would swap money around all day and night until Pary had raked it all.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As usual, the cat is the voice of reason! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]